We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IDFA Documentary Film Festival

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
IDFA Documentary Film Festival

I will be in Europe mid-November and am considering taking the opportunity to attend some of the IDFA Documentary Film Festival. Their website is somewhat helpful, but doesn't answer all of my questions. I am wondering if anyone might have any experience or insight to answer the following:

- I don't plan on going as a credentialed attendee, so am curious if there's any difficulty securing tickets, either in person when i get there or online in advance.

- Do the non-English language films show with both Dutch and English subtitles?

- Are screenings scattered around the city? I was thinking of staying near the Rijksmuseum.

Specific questions, I know. Thanks for any assistance!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
1. Re: IDFA Documentary Film Festival

They don't make this page very obvious at their website but you might send them an email:

http://www.idfa.nl/industry/contact.aspx

Philadelphia...
2. Re: IDFA Documentary Film Festival

Thanks, I'll contact them directly.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
3. Re: IDFA Documentary Film Festival

Yes, I've never seen such a jumbled and entangled website. If no one can answer your questions i will give them a call tomorrow.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
4. Re: IDFA Documentary Film Festival

You can purchase tickets on-line closer to the start of the festival. While some films will have tickets available at the box office the more popular films are sure to sell out. There is not much on the English version of the website, put the following link into Google Translate http://idfa.nl/nl/Festival/ticketinfo.aspx

Most of the films have English subtitles if its in a foreign language.

Philadelphia...
5. Re: IDFA Documentary Film Festival

Balou1999, that's just the information I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Philadelphia...
6. Re: IDFA Documentary Film Festival

Incidentally, the IDFA folks got back to me with a friendly email confirming much of the above.

7. Re: IDFA Documentary Film Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 15, 2013