We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid Sim Card

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
Prepaid Sim Card

I will be traveling to Amsterdam in a weeks time. I was wondering if there are stores in the Airport where I can buy prepaid sim cards. I would like to call my friends to let them know about my whereabouts. I will be taking a train to Dodrecht from the airport train station. Any help is appreciated.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
36 reviews
11. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

There is usually a kiosk from Lebara in the part of the arrivals hall above the train station on the side of Arrivals 3/4

Level Contributor
70 posts
23 reviews
12. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

Lebara is fine with me! Thanks for the current data. As it turns out, my transport DOES desire/mandate me to phone once I arrive in Schiphol so same can anticipate what time to fetch me at Centraal Station. Starting talking about "....easiest to take a cab from Schiphol....". Incredible how people forget what they contracted to do....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
13. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

It's not difficult to get yourself a pre-paid sim card in any country. Just remember that The sim card you get may not be good for other countries but the one your buy it in.

Your best bet if you do a lot of traveling is to get a sim card that you can use everywhere such as the world sim:

I'm sure there are similar versions of this everywhere.

And if you need to figure out what codes you need, try:

Hope this was useful

14. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 26, 2014