We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McDonalds

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Bernardino, CA
reviews: 1
McDonalds

Are there any American style fast food outlets near the Amsterdam Central Railway station?

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
1. Re: McDonalds

There is a PizzaHut takeout counter in the railwaystation

Furthermore, opposite the railway counter, you will find Damrak and next to that Kalverstraat. Walk down a few hundred yards, and you will be able to eat more junkfood than you can stow away.

Regards

Marcel

London, England
reviews: 6
2. Re: McDonalds

There is a McDonalds near central station and i think it is in the district of Leidesplein. If you go to the shopping distrcit you will find a burger kind and KFC. There are also a lot of chinese etc restuarants. They are all within a 10 to 20 minute walk from the station. By the way, there aren't any seats in Macdonalds. Make sure you try the Freitsauss too

California
reviews: 1
3. Re: McDonalds

I can think of 4 McDonalds within a 10 minute walk from Centraal Station. 2 are on Damrak and there's 2 on the pedestrian street 1 block to the right (West) of Damrak.

They all have seats but the McDonalds (Express) closest to Dam Square has very limited seating at counters along the sides of the store. There's a KFC a couple of stores from this McDonalds. Both of these are open to around 2 or 3 AM on weekends- good place to hang while waiting for the Damrak stop night bus.

You could go to the store at Leidseplein but it's about a 30 minute walk and there's at least 6 McDonalds that are closer.

Somethings I've noticed different at NL vs US McDonalds are the higher quality counter personnel in NL, the skimpy amount of ice in their soft drinks, taxes are already figured out in the menu price (pretty much true of all purchases in Nederlands), and the extra charge for the ketchup and fritesauce (mostly Mayonaise) for the fries- EUR 0.25 IIRC.

All things considered for a non US style healthy fast food experience nearer to Centraal go to Maoz Falafels on the right just before you cross the main street to Damrak.

See www.maoz.nl

If you want the real Nederlands fast food experience go to FEBO. You put your Euros in the slot and open the little windows to withdraw a deep fried delicacy although I think the fried chicken and milkshakes available at the counter are much tastier. I'll bet there's more FEBOs in Amsterdam than McDonalds.

See www.febo.nl