We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Merseyside, England
Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, Amsterdam

Travelling to Amsterdam in March this year for a friends 40th birthday party (there are 8 of us) all females. Would like some feedback on Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, particularly safety, cleanliness, location to city centre. Thanks Cxxxx

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, Amsterdam

Hi there.

Check out this website.

http://amsterdamby.com/aalborg/

It is a family owned hotel, location is in the so called OudZuid area, which is a nice neighbourhood.

They have about 35 rooms or so, there are a few nice restaurants around the corner, and it is in easy reach by tram from the Central Station.

I have not stayed there, but it does look nice.

Have fun in Amsterdam

Regards

Marcel

California
reviews: 1
2. Re: Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, Amsterdam

The Aalborg is not really in the center of things. It's located in de Pijp. The only really close popular tourist attraction (4 blocks) is the Albert Cuyp street market. However the #25 tram stops right in front of the hotel and will take you to Rembrandtsplein, Spui, Dam Square and Centraal Station. I'd say you could walk to Centraal Station in about 40 minutes but I'd buy either strippenkaarten or a 24, 48, or 72 hour transportation pass from GVB which is out in front of Centraal Station in the big white, red tiled roof building. The trams stop around 12:30 AM- after that I'd take taxis home although there is nightbus service along Van Woustraat- 2 long blocks from the hotel.

Merseyside, England
3. Re: Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, Amsterdam

Thanks for your replies, they were so helpful especially info regarding transport. I have been to Amsterdam before but we stayed in a holiday inn which I am sure was much further out of the centre than the Aalborg. Would you say it was about 10 minutes by tram from Rembrandsplein (if my memory serves me correctly is that by the 3 sisters hotel?). We had such a great time there last year, it is all we ever talk about and can't wait to get there. By the way is the weather going to be absolutely freezing, worse than an English winter? Thanks again. Cxxxxx

California
reviews: 1
4. Re: Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, Amsterdam

I don't know the 3 Sisters but I think it's right on Rembrandtsplein. The #25 closest stop is at Muntplein which is 1 block from Rembrandtsplein. 10 minutes to 2e v. d. Helstraat (the stop in front of the hotel) sounds about right maybe a few minutes more.

I've been to Amsterdam 3 times in March and it's been pretty dry- mostly just short showers- with daytime temps between 0 and 10 degrees C. The problem has been the wind which is relentless and strong. Each trip I noticed a big difference between mid March and late March. Mid March seemed Wintery but by the end of the month I was able to venture out with only a long sleeved wool shirt. Almost anytime in March though a wind and waterproof outer garment is recommended.

You're gonna have an even greater time this visit.

"Life goes on day after day

Hearts torn in every way"

I've always liked Gerry Marsden's voice

Merseyside, England
5. Re: Aalborg Hotel, Sarphatipark, Amsterdam

Thanks Amsterlarry, you really know your stuff (Amsterdam, Gerry and the Pacemakers!!). Beautiful song for a beautiful city. Cheers Cxxxxx