We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 3
Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

Greetings from Scotland

Im looking to book a place to stay in Amsterdam through Apartments Unlimited, I've recieved and email back saying that a deposit of 50% of the total value should be paid before my booking can be confirmed.. Just a little nervous about sending the cash before it's even confirmed.

Has anyone used this agency before and if so was the 50% deposit fine/safe?

Thanks

23 replies to this topic
Surrey, England
reviews: 7
11. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

I've used Apartments Unlimited on 3/4 separate occasions. Never had a problem with them or their properties. In fact I would consider their properties a little better than some of those on other sites mentioned.

On all the occasions I've stayed at their properties I've been welcomed by wonderful people who've been kind enough to leave me a bottle of wine as a welcome. They've also been readily available if there were problems.

On the two occasions I've rented through other organisations, one changed the price to a higher one once I'd made The initial booking, though they did honour the original rate ultimately after a battle. Their apartment was run down and dirty. And the other people I never even saw, and they wanted 100% at time of booking.

I wouldn't hesitate to rent from Apartments Unlimited.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 8
12. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

Dear hardstylehearts1874,

My name is Rui Bandeira and I'm the owner of Apartments Unlimited. I understand your concerns about paying 50% in advance, but I can assure you are dealing with very honest people here, and that we will honour any agreement we make with you.

My company is very small, but it's my "baby" and I am proud to say that we love to give a personal and the best service we can provide.

You can read the reviews from our guests on FlipKey (Trip Advisor company) here:

http://www.flipkey.com/frontdesk/view/817/apartments+unlimited

Best regards

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 8
13. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

Hello Candy! I loved your compliments, many many thanks.

Rui

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
14. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

thank you for reviving this long dead post

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
15. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

Yea. And the revivalists look awfully suspicious.

reviews: 4
16. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

Just got back from Amsterdam and I used Apartment Unlimited from 9/12-9/15. I stayed at Le Petit Prince apartment and it was awesome! I was in a bind - contacted them about another place via Trip Advisor 2 days before I was leaving and Simon called me back with an available apartment right by Prinsengracht - on the canal. Simon was great, he told me he'd look around and call me back with the avails. He called me back with one unit that was available - they made an exception for me - it's supposed to be 5 days min stay but did 3 days and the process was simple. Paid 50% via paypal and then they sent me the receipt & all of the info of the property, how to get there. As soon as I got to the airport, I called the contact provided - Peter and he met us at the property. He was very nice, professional and sweet! The apartment was gorgeous, with a small private patio and the view from the living room was wall to wall of windows, facing the canal. It's not weird, it's actually what I'm going to do going forward when I visit. Beats the small hotel rooms - we had a full living room/kitchen/bath/laundry and bedroom. Amazing..

Winter Haven...
17. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

This thread gets more and more strange.

Surrey, England
reviews: 7
18. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

Not sure why someone is posting that the replies are strange. I will repeat my statement from above, have never had a problem with AU and am about to contact the, to book something else. The company are fine.

Edited: 11:42 am, April 30, 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
19. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

thank you for your response.

Al Jubail, Saudi...
20. Re: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??

I used Apartments Unlimited and did put a fifty percent deposit for the lease. I used PayPal, which is the only method that you should use as it is safe and has a means of tracking your transaction. The remaining amount was paid in cash to the property owner on arrival along with a refundable damage deposit. I had no problems what so ever. Deposit was returned on checkout. Went smoothly.

Reply to: Has anyone used 'Apartments Unlimited' before??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted