We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any low-cost flights to from NYC to Schipol

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westchester County...
reviews: 8
Any low-cost flights to from NYC to Schipol

Can someone recommend the best way(s) to find a low-priced flight from New York (any NYC airport or Newark) to Amsterdam Schipol? This would be for a round-trip flight next February. Since it will be just me flying, and I have some flixibility in my arrival departure time (though not the dates), I thought I might be able to cut some corners. Thanks!

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Any low-cost flights to from NYC to Schipol

I've always got a good deal from KLM. They do specials every now and again, and I've never been able to get a better deal with anyone else. They fly to Newark. I don't know if they same good deals work in reverse

Northern NJ
2. Re: Any low-cost flights to from NYC to Schipol

Around February, a R/T to Schipol will be in the 3-400 range. Directs are almost always cheaper (without additioanl "fees"). Prices for February start dropping in October.

Give consideration to flying out of PHL, they had a deal w/ connection from JFK for $200 (+PLUS taxes -- @$303 total) this past winter.

That was the lowest that I saw it this year.

Westchester County...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Any low-cost flights to from NYC to Schipol

<Give consideration to flying out of PHL, they had a deal w/ connection from JFK for $200 (+PLUS taxes -- @$303 total) this past winter.

Erik, that's worth knowing, but I'm not sure how to check that. Would I check for both cirect flights from PHL to Amsterdam, as well as flights from NYC to PHL? I've used most of the major airline search sites, but I'm not sure how to find exactly this kind of bargain? How do you find them?

As far as direct flights to Amsterdam, last time I also flew KLM as it was the cheapest. I think I might have bought the ticket close to October too. It was I think $300 without the taxes, etc. Are you sure the rates start to drop in October? Do you know why that is?

Thanks, sorry I'm so scattered about this!

Northern NJ
4. Re: Any low-cost flights to from NYC to Schipol

I have "My Yahoo" page set with best fare tracker set to several places. I typically find the low fare then just go to the actual airline and book through them...typically $5 cheaper and better availablity.

Lowest fare I ever had was May '04 with Lufthansa...under $250 (that included taxes)...I think it was a planetary alignment thing finally working in my favor.