We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing near Amsterdam - by public transportation

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
10 reviews
Golfing near Amsterdam - by public transportation

Anyone on this forum who is familiar with the transportation system and these golf course locations?

We'd like to choose one course and need to reach it by public transportation. Any advice (no, he doesn't want to leave the clubs at home :) )would be appreciated.

<>Golfclub Spaarnwoude

Het Hoge Land 2 - Velsen-Zuid

<>Golfbaan De Hoge Dijk

Abcouderstraatweg 46

1105 AA Amsterdam

<>Golf Center Amstelborgh/Borchland B.V.

Borchlandweg 6-12

1099 CT Amsterdam/Duivendrecht

Thanks!

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
549 posts
1. Re: Golfing near Amsterdam - by public transportation

Golfbaan de Hoge Dijk looks like a good option. According to their site at http://www.dehogedijk.nl/ bus 120 en 126 stop in front of it. If you come from central Amsterdam you take the metro to station Holendrecht where you can pick up one of the busses. Total travel time (from Amsterdam central station) about 30 minutes.

The other two courses need at least 10 minutes walking from the busstop.

See http://www.9292ov.nl for a travel planner

Florida
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Golfing near Amsterdam - by public transportation

I will try the routeplanner - I hadn't found one for public transportation as yet, thanks...

I also plan to email the chosen location and check with them about transportation, but wanted to get an idea about it first.

Do you know if the travel to De Hoge Dijk would be covered using a 72-hour pass? (is that for all means - tram, metro, bus?) Have I gone into another 'zone'?

I'll keep working on this to learn the system and zones.

Also - not against getting a taxi once we've reached the last bus stop but not sure if the locations would have a taxi rank.

Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
38,264 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Golfing near Amsterdam - by public transportation

Okay, these last questions:

* No, unfortunately the Hoge Dijk bus has to be paid separately (tip: use strippen card). These lines go outside of town and are not of 'GVB' (the issuer of the 72-hour card) but of inter-local companies - 120 and 126 are BBA I think.

* Holendrecht happens to have an active taxi rank nearby because it has the largest hospital in town. Take care - the rank near the station is usually empty, but the active queue is 5 minutes further near the calling point for the hospital queue.

* However IMHO Amstelborgh could be an easier option - really only 10 minutes walk from metro station Strandvliet-Arena.

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]