We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose a hotel!

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 6
Help me choose a hotel!

We have sort of narrowed it down to 3 hotels. All look like they have pros and cons, and all have pretty good feedback on here. Does anyone know anything that would help me decide?

1) The Van de Kasteelen

2) The Hotel Piet Hein

3) The Nadia Hotel

Any feedback would be much appreciated!! Thank you!!

Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 7
1. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

They all look pretty nice. The only consideration I can see is location; and all are well located. The Van de Kasteelen is the farthest from the most. The back of the Museumplein is a very nice neighborhood...wealthy residential. Also closer to the Albertcuyp Market and the Pijp.

The Piet Hein is smack dab in the middle of the action. Leidseplein is the center; making it rather difficult to avoid. Many trams hit this square, making it easy to get anywhere in the city....Vondelpark is entirely entertaining...the people watching is first rate. Coffeeshops, cafes, restaurants and nightclubs fill the area...

The Nadia is the only one in "old" Amsterdam. Closer to the Anne Frank House and the Jordaan...and nearer the downtown attractions...The Dam...Magna Plaza and the like.

On my last visit, I chose the Villa Borgmann, on the edge of Vondelpark. I loved having the park right there, waking to the Magpies song.

Nashua, New...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

I've stayed at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky both times visiting Amsterdam. Very nice and centrally located. Within walking distance to the museums, and trams. The Royal Palace is right across the street! Also, right around the corner from the Red Light District. It was a bit pricy, but well worth it!

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

Hi there.

Travelling Pankster is right, locationwise would be the most appr

opriate selection criterium here, furthermore, they are alike.

I would choose the Piet Hein. Location right in the middle of the action, no frills, don't expect anything fancy, but the hotel is nice, location great, and value for money in my opinion.

Regards

Marcel

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 72
4. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

Consider the NH Doelen. I had a wonderul experience there and it is perfectly located. The reviews on this website, which I read before travelling, were dead-on and very helpful. I will definitely stay there the next time I visit.

Florida
reviews: 2
5. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

The NH Doelen is a very nice hotel indeed.

Looks like cookiehead is bargain hunting though. The best bargains are not downtown but if this is your 1st visit to Amsterdam The Golden Tulip chain offers some of the best

bargain class hotels in the city and are worth checking out.

Solihull, Uk
6. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

I wouldn't touch the NH Doelen with a bargepole. We had a very pokey room and the bathroom smelt strongly of drains. The worst bit was, we were charged 50 Euros for use of the safe when we were never told there was a charge nor were there any notices stating a charge. Very disappointing hotel.

Auckland Region...
reviews: 70
7. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

My first room at the Doelen was nothing special, they then moved me to a canal facing room which was great with very high ceilings and a wonderful full window. However, there were so many spiders at the top of the windows that I didnt really enjoy the window seat at all!!!

Yes spiders, i was not on any drugs!!!

California
reviews: 1
8. Re: Help me choose a hotel!

As a general hint to travelers from a budget traveler to Mexico where there is often sewage gas smell in cheap hotel rooms: I've often found the reason for this is the absence of a trap (that little crooked pipe conecting a drain to the main sewer line) in the shower allowing sewer gas into the room. This is easily fixed by putting a newspaper over the drain hole. Of course don't do like I did and start up the shower without removing the paper!