We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing trains in Brussels

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
reviews: 16
Changing trains in Brussels

I am trying to book tickets on the Eurostar from London and then on to Amsterdam. It's in two parts, of course, with changing trains in Brussels for a separate part of the ticket on. I am wondering how long I need to allow for this change, given the varying ticket options - do I need an hour or two to change trains (travelling with children) or do we only need 5 or 10 minutes?

Also, is it true that it is preferable to book these tickets (on eurorail) before we leave home? Do the tickets take very long to arrive?

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
reviews: 242
1. Re: Changing trains in Brussels

If you call up the timetable in www.b-rail.be it shows a change of station with a 20 minute walk in Brussels..... but this is a transfer from Brussels Midi to Brussels Midi Est, I suspect from previous journeys that these are 2 parts of the same station.

Sorry I can't give more details as I haven't done this trip. Unfortunately b-rail.be doesn't give station plans like the German website bahn.de

Edmonton, AB, Canada
reviews: 41
2. Re: Changing trains in Brussels

I can't speak to the changing of trains, but I image that if it's all in the same station 10 - 15mins is probably enough. It's like chaning planes only you're hauling your luggage around with you.

As for buying tickets from Eurail it doesn't take long at all for tickets to arrive. They offer free 2 - 3 day shipping on orders over $250 and ship via FedEx. I bought 2 Selectpasses on their website and they were at my office the next day. Not only that but they sent a ton of great info on train travel and a full time table for all of Europe!

Florida
reviews: 5
3. Re: Changing trains in Brussels

You wont need but 15 minutes maybe to change trains. It is very simple. The second leg of your trip Brussels to Amsterdam (depending on the train you want to take) reservations are required. Their is a fee to book reservations, even though you have purchased a rail pass.