We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol Airport info

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ncr
Schiphol Airport info

I would like some information on how to get to my hotel from this airport. How far is Schiphol airport from Damrak where my hotel is located. How much for cab fare? I am a solo traveller with a luggage (not a backpack) and I am deciding on a cab or shuttle. It's my first time in Amsterdm and I don't know my way around yet.

Florida
reviews: 5
1. Re: Schiphol Airport info

The easiest and fastest transportation you can take is the train. They leave every few minutes from Schiphol to Amsterdam Central and vice versa. If I remember correctly, it is only like 4-5 euro each way. You can get an idea of time tables from the netherlands rail website. http://www.ns.nl

Just click the English button at the top.

Mean Streets of...
2. Re: Schiphol Airport info

Train is the way to go if you are OK to carry your luggage or have decent wheels.

www.channels.nl/hotels/hotel_map_amsc.php…

This map shows how close some of the hotels on Damrak are from the Centraal and it sure beats getting stuck in the jams.

If you are set on shuttle or taxi:

worldairportguide.com/airport/…

www.airporthotelshuttle.nl/site/home.asp

Shuttle is OK for a single traveller, more than one and a taxi becomes cheaper.

What time do you get there?

ncr
3. Re: Schiphol Airport info

Flight (international) arrival is at 6:30 pm

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 16
4. Re: Schiphol Airport info

photophile, the shuttle will still be running, its now Euro 13 p.p. one way. I dont know which hotel you want but it stops at Dam Sq and also at Brabazon Palace , just off the top of Damrak. That has to be your best bet as your solo, providing you dont want to take the train.

If you do the train you shouldnt have much of a walk to any Damrak hotel from Centraal Station. Train will be just under Euro 4.

A taxi will be around Euro 40.

Canada
reviews: 4
5. Re: Schiphol Airport info

Take the shuttle right outside the airport .....just go straight out and you can't miss it. Very well organized, lovely big clean vans and reasonably priced.

ncr
6. Re: Schiphol Airport info

Thanks for all the helpful info. So, it's ok if I don't book a hotel transfer in advance and just decide on the transportation right there?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 16
7. Re: Schiphol Airport info

There is no need to book.

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Schiphol Airport info

Why pay an intermediate transfer when EUR 4.00 for a one way is enough???

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 21
9. Re: Schiphol Airport info

I have to say that we always use the train when we visit the Dam. It's quick, cheap and very convenient. And it's only a few minutes walk fron CS to Damrack.

Auckland Region...
reviews: 80
10. Re: Schiphol Airport info

If you do not have excesive luggage then take the train!

The station to damrak is just a few minutes!