We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Cologne

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, UK
reviews: 10
Amsterdam to Cologne

Can anyone tell me what is the cheapest price I could pay on a train service between Amsterdam and Cologne (return) in August, and is it possible to get a coach sevice between the tow that would return the same day, if so what price?

Thanks for any help.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 131
1. Re: Amsterdam to Cologne

Hi there,

On www.ns.nl or www.db.de you can find the prices, also in English. A day return is more expensive than a multi-day one. First guess: about 70-80 euro.

Coach can be done through Eurolines but most likely NOT in one day. If they have a daily direct service between cities like these that is already high frequency, I'd more expect a service with a transfer.

Have a nice trip,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Amsterdam to Cologne

hi there,

A 1 day return is Eur55.00., duration 2 1/2 hours oneway, several times a day.

Http://www.ns.nl/internationaal.

There are special moredayreturns for Eur38.00

Eurolines, once a day, Special offers EUR 18.00 for a (only moreday) return.

Http://www.eurolines.nl

Regards

Marcel

CT
reviews: 6
3. Re: Amsterdam to Cologne

We just returned from a trip to Amsterdam and Cologne yesterday. We paid (in advance, over the internet) 180 Euros for two full price, round trip tickets in second class. We had paid 3 additional Euros each for guaranteed, specific seats, in our case in a non-smoking, quiet car. Our return trip was jam packed, so we were glad we'd reserved seats. We got our tickets by going online to the German national railway; they were posted to us promptly. Looking at the other responses you received, I'm wondering how they found prices significantly lowere than what we paid. I know there are discounts for students and seniors, as well as with a Bahn card. The trip was very quick (2 hrs. 20 min.) and was very nice. Enjoy!

Birmingham, UK
reviews: 10
4. Re: Amsterdam to Cologne

Marcel, how do you get these special deal prices?

I figure you book in advance (but how long in advance), and there was something about 25 % price on the DB website, but I'm not sure who it's aimed at.