We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swissotel

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County, CA
swissotel

Hello,

I am staying at the Swissotel in a Junior Suite in March 2005. I was hoping to get some input reagarding this hotel and/or room. Has anyone stayed here? thanks, Tina

phoenix
reviews: 20
1. Re: swissotel

Hi,

Have stayed at quite a few Swissotel's, but not the one in Amsterdam. Have found them to be very consistent, clean, upscale, but I wouldn't describe them as uber luxurious. They also have Internet access, which can still be hard to come by. The hotel's location in the Dam is excellent (as I'm sure you already know.) Generally, I've found the suites to be much better than just the regular rooms in space and "newer" feel. I looked into the Dam location for a trip in June & was told that all of the Junior Suite's have been recently remodeled. Reviews of the hotel across the web have been a toss up -- some complaints, but about the standard rooms & not the suites. Check this link. TA user says the junior suites rocked when they stayed in Sept.: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g188590-d232…

Washington, DC
reviews: 4
2. Re: swissotel

The wife and I stayed at the Swissotel in Sept. Didn't have a junior suite just the upgraded room. It was very nice, other than the view I'm sure the suite will have. Location is great, right around the corner from Dam Square. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
3. Re: swissotel

Hi there.

Swissotel just remodelled, they seem to be finished just end of last year, haven't checked that yet though, you might send them an email. There was quite some disturbance during these remodellings.

Don't use the breakfast, it is a good breakfast, but overprized in my opinion. Last time, they charged me a EUR 20.00, which is too much when you can get the same in the neighbourhood voor EUR13.00.

Location is suberb, right down in the center, walking distance to the railwaystation, canalboats allmost opposite the front door, lively area, even at midnight, close to the red light district, but far enough to not feel uncomfortable. Don't change momey at the change offices at Damrak, they overcharge on commission, just use the ATM around the corner at the DAM square, which is like 100 mtrs

Have fun.

Marcel

Orange County, CA
4. Re: swissotel

Thanks everyone, i cant wait to smoke alot of pot...i heard smoking in the coffee shops will go away in 2007....how sad.....I am glad i am going now!!!!!!!!!!