We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving distance and time

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, AK
Driving distance and time

I would like to know how long it takes to drive from Schiphol to Bastogne and Luxembourg City on a weekday. How is traffic and what is the current gas/petro price in Euros? Thanks

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
reviews: 235
1. Re: Driving distance and time

mapquest.com and multimap will give you distances and times-4 hours at best. I have to add on time for traffic and stops. Gas would cost very very roughly 0.15 euro per mile (10 eurocents per kilometre). Have you thought about the train - see www.bahn.de for times its about 5 hours to Luxembourg on 2 fast trains ?

California
reviews: 1
2. Re: Driving distance and time

I think current Dutch gas prices are around EUR 1.25/liter.

That's over US $6.00/gallon.

San Bernardino, CA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Driving distance and time

Hell there is no speed limit, just rent a sports car and i'm sure you'll make it in an hour, 2 most

Hoofddorp...
4. Re: Driving distance and time

nwt2go

Sorry to spoil your dream we do have speedlimits here and also in Belgium and you beter take care or else it could be a very expencieve trip. Living next to schiphol my last trip to Luxembourg took me 5 hours ( my daughter lives there ) on the quicest route. Prices of petrol vary in The Netherlands between ��� 1.22 - ��� 1.27 in Belgium arround ��� 1.25 and the cheapest in Luxembourg around ��� 0.98. Hope u have a nice trip if u have the time take the one Schiphol-Maastricht- Luik-Luxembourg it takes u longer but is very beautiful.

Anchorage, AK
5. Re: Driving distance and time

Thank you Dutch Girl that is exactly what i wanted to go. What is the fastest route? I like your suggestion for a scenic route, but coming back I'd like the fast route.

Anchorage, AK
6. Re: Driving distance and time

correction, Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to KNOW.

Hoofddorp...
7. Re: Driving distance and time

On your way back i suggest Luxembourg-Brussel-Antwerpen( Anvers )-Breda and then depending of where you stay Rotterdam or Utrecht. The motorway direction Rotterdam is under construction so sometimes you can encouter trafficjam. This route will take about 4 hours. If you need more info on "holland" or something on your route just say so.

Have a pleasant stay.

Anja

Anchorage, AK
8. Re: Driving distance and time

Thanks Anja, can you make any suggestions on an interesting day long drive north out of Amsterdam, making it back to our Hoofdorp hotel by night time? Is it a nice drive to the north side of the Ijsselmeer?

Hoofddorp...
9. Re: Driving distance and time

Oww Yeahhhh there is a very nice route from Hoofddorp to "Friesland "that takes u trough one of the best parts of "Noord Holland "and over the "dijk" across the ijselmeer to Friesland from there u can go to "groningen"takes about 50 min. But if ur staying in Hoofddorp send me an e-mail and i can provide u with all the details I know both Friesland and Noord Holland very well. (Born in N H and spent 15 yrs in Fr.).

Hope you'll have a great vacation here.

Anja

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
10. Re: Driving distance and time

Hi there.

Either way, make sure to make a tankstop in Luxembourg.

I filled up for 0.85.4 Ecents per liter, unleaded 95........

Nowhere beaten in this neighbourhood........Belgium quoted

EUR 1.18 p/liter and in the Netherlands, it is about EUR 1.24 lately.

Regards

Marcel