We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking in bars

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 2
Smoking in bars

I know the deal with coffe shops, as most don't sell any alcohol. But what's the situation in the bars regarding weed? I imagine that, in general, it's NOT OK to have a smoke in most bars - but there must be a few where it's OK.

Thoughts?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 14
1. Re: Smoking in bars

Each bar has their own policy , but the only way to find out is to ask the bartender...

Stourbridge, United...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Smoking in bars

Unless they have a licence for that kind of smoking it most certainly won't be allowed!

They are very strict on this.

Some places will just ask you to put it out but I have seen people being asked to leave!

There are a few that are licenced for both though, but not many!

Piglet

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Smoking in bars

yes you are technically correct Sarah , but there are several bar I know off that are not officially licenced but do allow weed smoking. In the main it is not allowed in normal bars.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 75
4. Re: Smoking in bars

The best thing is to ask the barman, some places allow it and some don't and as far as i can tell it has little to do with the law, more the type of people the place wants to attract. If you are staying in what is anything like a smart hotel it is only allowed in your bedroom

Utrecht, The...
5. Re: Smoking in bars

My advice would be to keep it in the coffee shop. You wouldn't want some big local trying to have a quiet pint in his local bar hastling you for smoking weed

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 1
6. Re: Smoking in bars

Rookies is a bar coffeeshop. Also I believe De Kuil serves both. Those are the only ones I can remember that has both.