We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 11
Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

Hello all. While on some trips to Istanbul, I came to really like 'nargile' bars, where you can smoke waterpipes with flavored tobaccos.

I know that Amsterdam has coffeeshops, with that other type of smoking materials, but do are there similar places in the central city? This is my first trip to Amsterdam, so any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
1. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hookah+bars+in+amsterdam+NL&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hookah+bars&hnear=Amsterdam,+The+Netherlands&cid=17729385522669413264

I have never noticed one. I did find this with a google of the subject. Others may be able to give you more info.

Hopefully this link will work

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
2. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

Both Lost in Amsterdam and the Wonder Bar located on Nieuwendijk between the Singel and Martelaarsgracht not far from Centraal Station. They both have a full bar and several flavors of shisha to smoke from the hookahs.

Peace,

Balou

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

wouldnt this be classified as tobacco? ergo, not allowed?

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 26
4. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

Of course not; "Lost" is a coffeeshop and included in the ubiquitous coffeeshop guide: www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/LostinAmster.html

And the water pipe bars in Istanbul are great fun! ;-)

I think that you can also smoke a water pipe at Shibli: www.shibli.nl

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
5. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

oh, i thought poster was refering tobacco in the hookah..not weed

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 11
6. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

Actually, I was referring to tobacco. You mean you can't smoke that in Lost in Amsterdam?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
7. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

Yes, you can smoke shisha (flavored tobacco) at both Lost in Amsterdam and Wonder Bar.

Peace,

Balou

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
8. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

I never seen any in Amsterdam. But I noticed in Düsseldorf there were many in the main street with all the bars in the Altstadt (Bolkerstrasse), perhaps a good excuse for a side trip :)

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
9. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

Lost is AMsterdam is a cool place to hang and smoke a few , great big couchs with oversized pillows , pretty cool place,

Peae matty

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
10. Re: Waterpipe 'bars' in Amsterdam

ok, i dont have a dog in this hunt because i prefer to smoke tobacco conventionally and not out of an egyption bong..BUT flavored or otherwise, out of a water pipe or cigarette..smoking tobacco is banned in public places correct?..so that leads me to believe that flavored stuff isnt actually tobacco?..unless A) they are ignoring the law or B) there is a big loophole in the law..or C) they have provided an area to smoke tobacco separate from non-smoking patrons..