We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bidding on a 4 star in the center

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
Bidding on a 4 star in the center

The first thing I see as I travel around to several different forums and from emails from friends? The NH Carlton is in play. More so than the NH Amsterdam Centre.....at least right now with recent bids.

And for the summer months ahead it looks like the price point is somewhere around $62 or $63 USD for the lowest winning bid.

July 22-26 $65 first bid. Carlton

July 8-10 $63. First try at $61 failed. Carlton

August 11-13 $69 which was a counter offer. Carlton

July 21-27 $63 first bid Carlton

There may be other 4's in play. But if so they are not being posted.

2,778 replies to this topic
Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
2551. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

Not a good plan. Many 4-star hotels in Central Canals area and in East as well.

Positano, Italy
2552. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

You can place a new bid after 24hrs of your first bid or you can use a different CC in order to bid again.

Knislinge, Sweden
reviews: 36
2553. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

There are no 4*'s coming in either area on Express?

Positano, Italy
2554. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

' Therere are no 4*'s coming in either area on Express? '

Do you mean that there are no 4-Star Express offers for your dates? Or do you wanna no if a 4-star has been on offer in the past?

I've experienced that sometimes if you are looking for multiple rooms sometimes the number of Express deal offers can be limited.

Which dates are you searching for?

Edited: 4:07 pm, August 05, 2014
Knislinge, Sweden
2555. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

Yes, I'm looking to book 3 rooms in the center Dec 5 - Dec 8, so that's probably what it is so. I have been bidding over the last few days, and I've plenty of time. Just new to NYOP and didn't want to string things along needlessly if there were free bids available. I'd rather vote every 24 hours for a central hotel than risk getting something in the East.

Positano, Italy
2556. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

I never had much luck with the combination Express deals and multiple rooms. Like mentioned here before, Hotwire is more suitable for booking multiple rooms. For your dates there are multiple secret hot rate hotels available.

You have enough time, just see if you can score a good deal with NYOP , be sure to check if you are not bidding higher than a room via Hotwire would cost you.

Knislinge, Sweden
2557. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

Thanks for the tips Jumeirah23

Positano, Italy
2558. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

Hotels in Priceline's areas ( major hotels / chains )

4 Star Hotels

-City Centre:

Radisson BLU Amsterdam, Park Plaza Victoria, Crown Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, Intell Hotels Amsterdam Centre, Swissotel Amsterdam, Hotel V Nesplein, Hotel de Roode Leeuw, Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, Doubletree by Hilton Amsterdam, Hotel die Port van Cleve, The Convent Hotel Amsterdam, NH Doelen.

-Central Canals:

Hotel Estherea, Ambassade Hotel, Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel, Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square, NH Schiller, Boutique Hotel Notting Hill, NH Carlton Amsterdam, NH Caransa, AMS Suites, NH Amsterdam Centre, Amsterdam American Hotel Hampshire Eden, Hotel Seven one Seven, Banks Mansion All Inclusive Hotel.

-Museum Quarter / Rai Centre:

Hotel Vondel Amsterdam, Hotel JL NO76, Sir Albert Hotel, The College Hotel, NH Museum Quarter, Novotel Amsterdam City, Park Plaza Vondelpark, Mercure Amsterdam City , Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, NH Musica, Park Hotel, Holiday Inn Amsterdam, Hotel Roemer Amsterdam, Apollo First Hampshire Classic, Wyndham Apollo Hotel, Bilderberg Jan Luyken Hotel.

4.5 Star Hotels

-City Centre:

NH Barbizon Palace

5 Star

-City Centre:

NH Krasnapolsky, Sofitel Legend the Grand, Hotel de L'Europe, Art'otel Amsterdam, Renaissance Amsterdam, Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam.

-Central Canals:

Andaz Hotel Prinsengracht, Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, The Dylan Amsterdam, Hotel Pulitzer, Marriott Amsterdam.

-Museum Quarter / Rai Centre:

Hilton Amsterdam, Okura Hotel Amsterdam, Conservatorium Hotel, Bilderberg Garden Hotel.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 43
2559. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

I have used PL NYOP to book multiple rooms before and never had an issue.

Funnily enough I booked a hotel on PL Express Deals the other day, It turned out to be the NH Musica. When I put in that I wanted two rooms it offered me a lower price (€55) than it had previously offered for one room (€61). First time I have seen this. I wonder how common it is?

Knislinge, Sweden
2560. Re: Bidding on a 4 star in the center

I noticed that too. I checked for one room on Express and it offered me €80. When I put in 3 rooms it went down to €71 - but when I went back onto the site to book them it was upped to €80. I have a funny feeling that €71 is probably close to the mark for the NYOP.

Reply to: Bidding on a 4 star in the center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted