We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which months are Mosquito months in Amsterdam?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 79
Which months are Mosquito months in Amsterdam?

Which are the best months to avoid in terms of mosquitos?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 133
1. Re: Which months are Mosquito months in Amsterdam?

Hi there,

Depends strongly on the weather pattern. They breed best in wet (not too cold) period followed by a quite hot (above 20') one. So with the current atypical summer period, the mosquito periods were early July and at present (from end of August). Two years ago, a more typical summer, they were from half July to half August.

But in terms of damage they're never very strong, especially in a city like Amsterdam. Countryside it's far more tough, there it can me more like Canadian spring/early summer or some parts of Oz...

Have a nice one,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Scotland
reviews: 9
2. Re: Which months are Mosquito months in Amsterdam?

I was eaten alive in late July!! Didn't notice them biting at all but the bites itched like crazy :((

Auckland Region...
reviews: 79
3. Re: Which months are Mosquito months in Amsterdam?

i stayed at the Albus Grand Hotel and heard that awful high pitched noise all night. In teh morning i was bitten all over and also began to notice blood all over the walls where people had been swatting them before me...yuk! They did however, in their defence, move me to another room:)