We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train to Schiphol

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, B.C...
reviews: 2
train to Schiphol

Is it possible to board the train to Schiphol at the Holland America Line passenger terminal?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 13
1. Re: train to Schiphol

Do you know the exact location of the terminal? If its near Central Station then trains run to Schipol from there at frequent intervals.

California
reviews: 1
2. Re: train to Schiphol

You're probably disembarking at PTA (passenger terminal Amsterdam a 10 to 15 minute walk to Centraal Station or take the #26 tram from the street out in front of PTA.

See: http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/homepage/index.html

Richmond, B.C...
3. Re: train to Schiphol

Thanks! I am actually asking for my travel companion on the cruise. I am being picked up by family to go to Rotterdam, but my friend is flying on to Manchester before returning to Canada and with a lot of luggage either walking to Central Station or taking a tram won't be feasible. Is there a shuttle to the airport?

Hoofddorp, The...
4. Re: train to Schiphol

Hello

Sorry: but the Rotterdam Central station is about 3 miles from the Cruise therminal.

a mini bus or taxi is the best option.

Trains run every 20 min to Schiphol.

Vic

Richmond, B.C...
5. Re: train to Schiphol

Thanks for your reply but I was referring to the Amsterdam cruise terminal, which I understand is not far from Amsterdam Central Station but with luggage probably too far to walk.

Hoofddorp, The...
6. Re: train to Schiphol

Hello Again

Yes you are right. Since a lot of construction is going on between the PTA and the station it is not easey to walk with luggage.

On the Therminal itself is a tram stop (tram lyn 16)(exit the building and walk to the left) It takes 6 min to the station.Also a lot of taxis and minibusses are waiting when a ship arrives.

Trains run every 10 to 15 min From Amsterdan CS to Schiphol airport. The train station is under the main airport building.

Have a good trip. Vic

Vic

Richmond, B.C...
7. Re: train to Schiphol

Thank you so very much. I am actually originally from Holland (Rotterdam) but have been in Canada 47 years. My friend and neighbour who is joining me on this Baltic cruise will be visiting relatives in Manchester while I will be visiting relatives in Rotterdam. Thanks again!

Hoofddorp, The...
8. Re: train to Schiphol

Just for your info PTA is the name of the thermal in Amsterdam (Passenger Terminal Amsterdam)

The (old) HAL terminal is in Rotterdam.

The confusion is that HAL ships may also depart from Amsterdam and from Rotterdam

By By