We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet Ripoff

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 17
EasyJet Ripoff

Has anyone else been caught out like us?

There are 4 of us travelling to Dam from Gatwick next Wednesday. One of the original party can't go so we have found someone else to take their place.

Contacted Easyjet (3 weeks in advance) to see if we could change the name of one of the seats. I assumed there would be an admin charge but couldn't believe it when told it would be £76. Apparently its a £15 charge to change a name online (£20 over the phone) each way which i thought was a joke considering there are no tickets or no admin costs (as I did it myself online). Then they want another £36 for the seat as the prices have gone up since we booked. Surely I have already bought the seat so why the charge ?

I guess we should have read the small print but what started out to be a really good deal (£50 return including tax) now becomes BA prices, and lets face it BA are much better.

No wonder Stellios is so loaded!!!!.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: EasyJet Ripoff

Hi

Did you try to just book another seat. I think you would have found BA more expensive to change and less helpful if that is possible.

We use Easyjet and Ryanair all the time, as well as other budget airlines and their rules are all the same, no refunds and make name changes so expensive nobody bothers, but on balance if you play by the rules you win. And when you lose you don't lose much.

You do talk as if BA would have somehow been a better option for the flight, I don't think so. When you get to Gatwick check out the massive one queue for BA and the number of check in staff for everyone of their economy flights where you have a better than even chance of missing your plane even when you get there two hours before. Compare it with Easyjet where you seem to be through in 10 minutes flat.

There are lots of other ways that Easyjet beats BA, punctuality, new clean planes as well as price. So it's bite the bullet time I'm afraid.

By the way I don't work for Easyjet, I'm just a fan.

Jackie

Glasgow
2. Re: EasyJet Ripoff

The reason I initially chose Amsterdam was Easyjet fly direct from Glasgw, but when I went on to price the tickets, I actually got a better deal with KLM.

The mainstream airlines are catching up with the budget guys on what people want in air travel, which is the least expensive no frills option.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: EasyJet Ripoff

Hi Chris

I agree, especially with flights to places as close as Amsterdam, where you are barely up in the air before they start the descent. It's price that matters most, you can do without a dried up sandwich.

I don't usually bother to lok at KLM before I book flights but I may give them a try next time.

Jackie

Glasgow
4. Re: EasyJet Ripoff

Give them a try Jackie, there's various price options on their website depnding on what time you want to fly, if your flexible then you just pick the cheapest.

I was pleasantly surprised.

North Brunswick...
reviews: 46
5. Re: EasyJet Ripoff

I didn't have any problems with Amsterdam, but my friends had a problem when booking their Easyjet flights to Paris and back. They accidentally booked the wrong dates, and immediately went to change it. They incurred a hefty fee for changing it, then added charges for the new flight. No-frills airlines can be very cheap if you find the right prices, but if you need to make a change or a cancellation, you pay through the nose.

London, United...
reviews: 17
6. Re: EasyJet Ripoff

What I was trying to get across was that they are charging me more for a seat I already have booked. And as they done issue tickets why the admin charge.

I have never had a problem with them before but wanted to warn people who may not be as well traveled as you !

Ireland
reviews: 7
7. Re: EasyJet Ripoff

Do have sympathy with you here as you'd expect an admin charge but the extra charge to bring up to current prices is rough, happened to friend who couldn't go and in the end just wrote cost off.

Only real reason, other than to make more money, I can think is that maybe it is to prevent people booking a lot of seats at very cheap prices and then selling them later with a profit for themselves.