We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best "COFFEE" shops in Amsterdam near Dam Square for couples

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury, United...
reviews: 46
Best "COFFEE" shops in Amsterdam near Dam Square for couples

Any help would be great, last few times i have been, i have found myself in a dark dingey, full of men places.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Best "COFFEE" shops in Amsterdam near Dam Square for couples

Yeah - me too!! Lekker! ;-)

If you are looking for somehere modern, bright and uplifting, try Barney's lounge on the Reguliersgracht; one of my favourites!

Or the Greenhouse by the Waterlooplein is also very nice and bright, and can be very sociable.

Don't know of any coffeeshops that cater specifically for couples, though!

SP, Brasil
reviews: 4
2. Re: Best "COFFEE" shops in Amsterdam near Dam Square for couples

Ruth,

I can recomend a few shops, but keep in mind that it would be better not to limit yourself to the Dam Square area, since it's in the city center and close to the RLD...a nice exception would bee the Greenhouse Centrum. Altough it's actually in the RLD, you'll have the chance to sit outside by the canal, altough the interior is not dark at all. Been there a couple times and the crowd was ok.

I would also consider getting to the Jordaan, to places like Paradox and Amnesia. The neighborhood is way more calm than the center, RLD, Leidseplein...

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
3. Re: Best "COFFEE" shops in Amsterdam near Dam Square for couples

Funny Stuart, very funny he he!!

Shrewsbury, United...
reviews: 46
4. Re: Best "COFFEE" shops in Amsterdam near Dam Square for couples

Thanks everyone.

Can i ask WHO'S Stuart?????? Have i missed something?

Or is it the spelling for something else???

5. Re: Best "COFFEE" shops in Amsterdam near Dam Square for couples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 26, 2009