We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Omega/Amsterdam Anyone?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
reviews: 4
Hotel Omega/Amsterdam Anyone?

Given the current exchange rates, I'm am seriously considering giving up my five star splurge in Amsterdam. I've been looking at a couple of small hotels near the Concertgebouw and am wondering if anyone has stayed recently:

1) The Hotel Omega--It looks bright and cheerful on the Website but the reviews are very mixed. They've offered their largest room with full ensuite bath for €100 a night, including breakfast.

2) There's everyone's favorite, The Hotel Fita, at @ €145 for a Deluxe Double. Everyone has wonderful things to say about it but, to me, the rooms look like dreary motel rooms.

3) The Collector B&B is very tempting. Nice room. Good location. No bathtub. No lift. only €100 per night.

4) The Atlas seems like a comprimise at €170 but I can't get a handle on it.

5) I love the folks at The Heemskerk; however €195 for a 3 star hotel seems excessive. Also, it is another one that I can't get a handle on. It may well look better than the photos or be kind of dumpy. I can't tell.

6) As a "splurge" I've got a Deluxe room at The College booked @ €240.00.

I want to finalize my choice in the next week or so. I'd be grateful for any feedbaack especially from those who have stayed at any of the properties recently. I'm particularly interested in knowing if the Omega is what you see is what you get.

Thanks.

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
1. Re: Hotel Omega/Amsterdam Anyone?

I don't know the inside of any of these hotels (just that the Fita has 12 steps from the street till entrance) but does it have to be in that area? At booking sites like www.booking.com and www.priceline-europe.com you can find graet deals and a 5-star like Bilderberg Garden is not really far from the museum area and has great deals. Personally I think it is not even necessary to stay in Amsterdam at all but visit it just for the day and stay comfortably and affordably in a palace-like estate (belonged to British aristocrats) like 5-star Landgoed Duin en Kruidberg, 29 minutes by train ( 8 Euro return) from Amsterdam Central station. www.duin-kruidberg.nl . At least you'll remember where you stayed !! good deals (165 Euro) at www.booking.com . I did not check Priceline.

Their restaurant is one of the best in the country.

New York, NY
reviews: 4
2. Re: Hotel Omega/Amsterdam Anyone?

The thing is, I'll be in Amsterdam for a concert series so will want proximity to the Concertgebouw.

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
3. Re: Hotel Omega/Amsterdam Anyone?

I'd choose the 5-star Bilderberg Garden, has a deal on www.booking.com for 139 Euro, may be even less on others like Priceline. It's an 8-minute journey to the Concertgebouw, 4 minutes walk to the tram stop at Apollolaan and then 4 minutes on tram 24 that stops right in front. I know this hotel, it is quietly situated in a residential area and has a famous restaurant.

4. Re: Hotel Omega/Amsterdam Anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 10, 2009