Given the current exchange rates, I'm am seriously considering giving up my five star splurge in Amsterdam. I've been looking at a couple of small hotels near the Concertgebouw and am wondering if anyone has stayed recently:
1) The Hotel Omega--It looks bright and cheerful on the Website but the reviews are very mixed. They've offered their largest room with full ensuite bath for €100 a night, including breakfast.
2) There's everyone's favorite, The Hotel Fita, at @ €145 for a Deluxe Double. Everyone has wonderful things to say about it but, to me, the rooms look like dreary motel rooms.
3) The Collector B&B is very tempting. Nice room. Good location. No bathtub. No lift. only €100 per night.
4) The Atlas seems like a comprimise at €170 but I can't get a handle on it.
5) I love the folks at The Heemskerk; however €195 for a 3 star hotel seems excessive. Also, it is another one that I can't get a handle on. It may well look better than the photos or be kind of dumpy. I can't tell.
6) As a "splurge" I've got a Deluxe room at The College booked @ €240.00.
I want to finalize my choice in the next week or so. I'd be grateful for any feedbaack especially from those who have stayed at any of the properties recently. I'm particularly interested in knowing if the Omega is what you see is what you get.