We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keuhenhof

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco, CA
Keuhenhof

Will I see peacocks or chickens walking around in the garden? I am very afraid of chickens and roosters, I am wondering if I should visit this garden. One review indicated that peacocks walked around and owned the place. Can someone confirm please?

The Hague, The...
reviews: 93
1. Re: Keuhenhof

When I was there I saw just one peacock walking around freely but it's a beautiful bird. When you see one you don't HAVE to get near and it was only one I saw and he/she didn't pay any attention to anyone.

san francisco, CA
2. Re: Keuhenhof

If I have one full day iin Amsterdam, do you suggest I visit Volendam and Marken in the afternoon, do the city and canal tour in the morning and skip Keuhenhof? Between Keuhenhof and Volendam or city tour, how should I pick? Thanks.

Australia
reviews: 8
3. Re: Keuhenhof

Keukenhof is absolutely stunning and in my opinion not to be missed. I was there a couple of days ago and didn't come acroos any chickens or peacocks!

The Hague, The...
4. Re: Keuhenhof

If you have only one full day for all of The Netherlands then stay in Amsterdam, plenty to enjoy and see , or make a short trip to www.zaanseschans.nl which is not far away , or come to www.madurodam.nl in my town where you "see" the whole country (in miniature) :-))

reviews: 28
5. Re: Keuhenhof

You will never see anything like Keukenhof anywhere else and, as it is only open 2 months/year, your visit will luckily coincide with this. I would get on the Keukenhof Express (train, bus and park entry and then bus, train back to Amsterdam) and spend part of your day there. Do not worry about fowl/foul creatures. The gardens are so beautiful.

When you return to Amsterdam, walk out the central train station and cross the road to the area where the canal boats start/stop their tours and hop on the one which appeals.

When you are done with that, go get something to eat up at the Leidesplein area. There are numerous trams which take you to the area from the terminus which is in front of the train station as well.

Have fun.

san francisco, CA
6. Re: Keuhenhof

Thanks everyone for the advices and suggestions! what is in Leidseplein? How far is it from Hilton?

The Hague, The...
7. Re: Keuhenhof

Leidseplein is an area full of restaurants (also cheap ones) and cafes, a centre of evening entertainment. It's a little over 2 kilometers from the Hilton, well walkable, via Museumplein, the big leafy square with all the great museums and Concertgebouw (www.concertgebouw.nl, if you like classical music, this is the world's most visited concert hall and a very nice building inside and out, on Sundays they often have 3 concerts, 11 AM, 2.15 PM, 8.15 PM ).

8. Re: Keuhenhof

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 30, 2009