We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egmond aan Zee shops?

Which Alkmaar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
280 posts
68 reviews
Egmond aan Zee shops?

Hoping for a reply from helpful folks in the area: I assume that the small town of Egmond aan Zee has a choice of food and drink shops or even a supermarket? Wiki says that it has about 5,000 inhabitants so I think I'm probably asking a stupid question. ;-)

This is for a beach walking holiday in a rented house. Many thanks in advance.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,954 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

Yep if you use google maps street view you can walk virtually along the streets. There's a C1000 (think smallish Co-op shop) and an Albert Heijn nearby. Also local bakers and grocery shops.

Will you have a car?

UK
Level Contributor
280 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

Hi Ronaldo, yes we'll have a car.

I've had a shot at Google maps street view, but I don't know which streets to view - there are so many.

Many thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

A little Google trick that will come in handy many times from now on whenever you look for a supermarket, library, swimming pool, restaurant, pet shop or whatever (even in your home town!).

- Go to Google Maps

- Type Egmond aan Zee and hit enter

- Click on the pink pin that Google has put in Egmond

- A white box will open

- In there, click on 'Search nearby' (or whatever it says in English)

- Type 'supermarket' and hit enter.

Voilà! Google shows you where the supermarkets are. http://goo.gl/maps/0dqAW

Have fun, it's a nice beach (so long as you don't expect white sand and palm trees ;-))

I hope your apartment comes with a parking space. Parking is quite expensive in Egmond (at least close to the sea it is).

Edited: 1:42 pm, March 01, 2014
UK
Level Contributor
280 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

Thank you Cecile. From what I can tell from the apartment website, that C1000 looks within walking distance, using your link. May I assume that they sell wine as well as groceries? If not them, then somewhere else? It's self catering.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,954 posts
74 reviews
5. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

They will sell wine and beer but not spirits. On Street view it looks like that shop used to be a Super de Boer but they mostly got taken over last year.

http://www.c1000.nl/ they will sell mostly what you are looking for but for a bigger selection the AH is only a few minutes drive so they might have a better selection. I would not worry too much about getting groceries especially with a car.

6. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, March 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Alkmaar