We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egmond aan Zee shops?

Which Alkmaar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 59
Egmond aan Zee shops?

Hoping for a reply from helpful folks in the area: I assume that the small town of Egmond aan Zee has a choice of food and drink shops or even a supermarket? Wiki says that it has about 5,000 inhabitants so I think I'm probably asking a stupid question. ;-)

This is for a beach walking holiday in a rented house. Many thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
1. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

Yep if you use google maps street view you can walk virtually along the streets. There's a C1000 (think smallish Co-op shop) and an Albert Heijn nearby. Also local bakers and grocery shops.

Will you have a car?

UK
2. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

Hi Ronaldo, yes we'll have a car.

I've had a shot at Google maps street view, but I don't know which streets to view - there are so many.

Many thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 55
3. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

A little Google trick that will come in handy many times from now on whenever you look for a supermarket, library, swimming pool, restaurant, pet shop or whatever (even in your home town!).

- Go to Google Maps

- Type Egmond aan Zee and hit enter

- Click on the pink pin that Google has put in Egmond

- A white box will open

- In there, click on 'Search nearby' (or whatever it says in English)

- Type 'supermarket' and hit enter.

Voilà! Google shows you where the supermarkets are. http://goo.gl/maps/0dqAW

Have fun, it's a nice beach (so long as you don't expect white sand and palm trees ;-))

I hope your apartment comes with a parking space. Parking is quite expensive in Egmond (at least close to the sea it is).

Edited: 1:42 pm, March 01, 2014
UK
4. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

Thank you Cecile. From what I can tell from the apartment website, that C1000 looks within walking distance, using your link. May I assume that they sell wine as well as groceries? If not them, then somewhere else? It's self catering.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
5. Re: Egmond aan Zee shops?

They will sell wine and beer but not spirits. On Street view it looks like that shop used to be a Super de Boer but they mostly got taken over last year.

http://www.c1000.nl/ they will sell mostly what you are looking for but for a bigger selection the AH is only a few minutes drive so they might have a better selection. I would not worry too much about getting groceries especially with a car.

Reply to: Egmond aan Zee shops?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted