We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

Which Alkmaar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Summersville, West...
reviews: 20
Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

May I have directions as to how I get from Schipol to the Alkmaar Cheese Market by train. ex. How often does the trains run to Alkmaar?/How long is the trip?/Is it close enough to walk to the market or do I need to catch a bus? etc.

8 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

http://9292.nl/en#

Train to Sloterdijk then to Alkmaar. http://goo.gl/maps/DBXCc no need to catch a bus. Don't think you can anyway.

Edited: 11:29 pm, April 10, 2013
Summersville, West...
2. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

Ronald C, thank you again!

Summersville, West...
3. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

It sounds like it is probably a short walk. Do you agree? We will have luggage.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

Sorry you are going to drag luggage all over the country with you? How much luggage?

Where are you staying that night?

It's about a 15 minute walk from the train station and fairly flat but if you have heavy cases not fun. you would be better of taking your luggage to your hotel in Amsterdam and dropping it off there then going to Alkmaar.

I don't know exactly when you are arriving but the Cheese Market is a big tourist draw with coach tours stopping off there. Not conducive to dragging large bags around.

Summersville, West...
5. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

Our orignal plan was to go to the hotel, but we fear that we will get to the market too late and would like to go straight to it from the airport. I read on an old post that Alkmaar train station didn't have many rental lockers, and they might not be large enough for a large suitcase. Someone suggested that one might be able to leave luggage at a bike facility close to the Alkmaar station. We thought we might do it, but if we couldn't we needed a Plan B. ...would much rather take it to the hotel, but are concerned about the time factor. ...hate to miss the cheese market. Tks.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

There's no bagage storage at Alkmaar station. Sometimes the Bike place cans tore luggage but can not be 100% sure of this

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 119
7. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

Is there not a direct train anymore? There used to be

Summersville, West...
8. Re: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train

We did have to change trains and left the luggage at the bike shop. They were really nice people, and we had such a good time at the market. Everyone in the Amsterdam area spoke great English and was so helpful. It was beautiful in the spring!!! Would love to go again.

Reply to: Schipol to Alkmaar Cheese Marker By Train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted