We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Which Eindhoven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Hi guys,

Was hoping for some tips. I will be arriving at Eindhoven Airport early on Sat morning in late July, spending a weekend in The Hague. Could somebody kindly point in the the direction of some cheap ways to get from the airport to the hague?

So far I've noted that the 403 bus goes from the airport to Eindhoven Central railway station. The obvious option I guess would be to get a train. How long would a bus take?

Regards.. Karl

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 144
1. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Hi Karl,

NL does NOT have long-distance buses except on routes not served by train, and the domestic legs of Eurolines. So not much chance, use www.ns.nl...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
2. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

The earliest train you can get to Eindhoven on a Saturday morning is taking the direct 06:21 train which will get you to Eindhoven at 0800. If you manage to get off the train and get to the bus stop in under 5 mins then you will make the airport by 08:24 which means that your flight needs to be after 0905 to have any chance of making it if you need to drop a bag.

When you say an early morning flight what exactly do you mean?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
3. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Woops, sorry I misread your post, silly me. I though you said you had to be at the airport for early Saturday morning.

As Erik said you will have to take the airport bus (the 401 not 403) which takes around 20 minutes and the a direct train to The hague which will take around 1hr 20mins

London, United...
4. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check out the ns.nl website!

London, United...
5. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

He's back with more questions! ;-)

I've used the ns.nl website although it's difficult because whilst it initially loads in English, lots of it on subsequent pages are in Dutch and the translations I've looked at aren't much use!

My questions are really:

Are two single fares the same price as a return fare?

Will it make a difference, in price, if I buy my ticket on the day or in advance on the website?

Any other ways of getting discounted travel on this train or just general tips?

I'm going from Eindhoven to the Hague only for a weekend Sat morning out and back the next evening.

Many thanks.

Karl

London, United...
6. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

OK, Now I have found that there is a cheaper weekend return option BUT I can't seem to find the option anywhere on the website! Here is what I have:

I want to order

Enkele reis

Dagretour

Dagkaart

Railrunner

NS SamenUitKorting

NS Lentetoer

Pinkpop Retour

I want to enter a voucher code

Can't see any option for a weekend return there or am I translating incorrectly?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
7. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Hi there,

The weekendretour is same price as a normal return ticket and available from the vending machines. Indeed not as an e-ticket but those are useless for foreigners anyhow as can only be paid by Dutch debit cards. As for price:

* Return is about 5% cheaper than 2 singles

* 'Off-peak discount card' (Voordeelurenkart) gives 40% discount but itself costs 55 euro/year so really not a break-even situation for most tourists

* No other discount models exist over here except for the special day cards sometimes available through chain stores, and for 1st class travel (like Lentetoer) from NS itself.

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

London, United...
8. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Thanks, so in short the only way is to buy on the day as the e-tickets are for Dutch card holders only?

Does the price of a ticket increase as you get closer to the departure date (much like the airlines) or is it a set cost no matter when you buy it?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
9. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

A set cost no matter when you buy it... (The airline model applies for trains with seat reservations, like Thalys, ICE and in some way Fyra.)

Regardz,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

London, United...
10. Re: Eindhoven Airport to The Hague

Thanks again! Much appreciated!