We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

Hi, I want to reach Maastricht from Delhi, India in the best possible & cheap way. Can i fly from Delhi to Paris and then take a train from Paris to Maastricht? I will be one my own and travelling through Europe for the first time. Is it advisable?

7 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

Forget Paris. Take a direct KLM flight to Amsterdam and train from there to Maastricht. You can also look at Jetair to Brussels and then ground transportation from there.

Leiden, The...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

If you must fly to Paris (but I certainly wouldn't recommend it), you can take a Thalys train from Paris Gare du Nord to Liege Guillemins and transfer there to a a slow regional train (once per hour) from Liege to Maastricht.

If you land at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, take an intercity train to Sittard (its final destination is Heerlen) and change trains in Sittard for another 15 minutes to Maastricht. But that only works if your plane arrives before 7pm or so; otherwise the train journey becomes more complicated.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

Every 30 minutes you can take a train to Utrecht and change there as well as taking the train to Sittard.

London, United...
reviews: 25
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
4. Re: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

I would recommend flying to either Dusseldorf or Brussels as it's often cheaper than Amsterdam. From Brussels it's fairly easy to reach Maastricht by train with one change in Liege (it's actually closer than Amsterdam). Also, Brussels is a hub for Jet Airways which might get you better deals.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
5. Re: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

Only thing is from Brussels you have to take a train to Leuven then change at Liege. Only one more change but yes indeed about 45 minutes less than from AMS and cheaper.

Pune, Maharashtra...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

1. Brussels Airport

(a) Train from brussels (Need to change at Liege - will cost arround 25euro second class)

(b) Taxi to Maastricht ( will cost less than 120euro if you book from maastricht)

2. Dusseldorf

(a) Taxi to Maastricht ( will cost less than 100euro if you book from maastricht)

3. Frankfurt

(a) Taxi to Maastricht ( will cost less than 300euro if you book from maastricht)

4. Amsterdam

(a) Train from amsterdam ( will cost arround 30euro second class - not sure about this)

Enjoy :)

Edited: 4:00 am, June 12, 2014
UK
reviews: 26
7. Re: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way

Taxi from Frankfurt??? You've got to be joking.

Why would people want to spend hundreds on a taxi when we have a perfectly good train system???

I'd probably forget about Frankfurt because it's further away and the train journey isn't very straightforward (would have no problems with it myself, but I've been using trains in Europe all my life). Brussels, Amsterdam and Düsseldorf are all sensible options.

Reply to: Reaching Maastricht from Delhi-best way
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted