We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andre Rieu Maastricht

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
47 reviews
Andre Rieu Maastricht

My elderly parents are great fans of Andre Rieu and my mum is unable to walk far, she wants to visit Andre's home town and his home, does anyone know of any trips that would do this or can anyone suggest a hotel etc that would be close.? They would probably fly to Maastricht as we live very close to Gatwick Airport, if there are no trips, but then I would need to find an easy way for them to travel to Andre's home..

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
29,533 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Andre Rieu Maastricht

There are no flights to Maastricht from LGW, only from Stansted so you would need to fly to Amsterdam Schiphol and take a train or rent a car from there. Or get to Stansted but then you would have to subject your mother to Ryanair.

I have no idea where his house is, near his castle, Huis de Torentjes apparently.

London, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Andre Rieu Maastricht

Thank you, do you know if it is a long journey from Amsterdam to his castle? Sorry I have no idea of where things are or the area.

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
609 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Andre Rieu Maastricht

His adress: Ursulinenweg 1-a, 6212 NC Maastricht

Watch it on Google maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/dOx1X

The best, and i realy think the only way to go there is by taxi, i'me afraid. Would you say it's worth the trip?

Anyway, there's a B&B(Saint Pierre) 1km away:

bedandbreakfastmaastricht.com/choose-languag…

It's in a nice neighbourhood, but i realy don't know anything about it.

Maastricht is a very nice town, but some walking is required.

Gr,

London, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Andre Rieu Maastricht

wow thank you for all that information, I will investigate and see what I can sort out, thanks so much for your help again.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
29,533 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Andre Rieu Maastricht

From Schiphol the train journey is 2h30 and €24 one way. With three of you it might also be worth looking into flying Easyjet LGW to Dusseldorf and then renting a car. The drive is only just over an hour.

6. Re: Andre Rieu Maastricht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 02, 2014