We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to make the most out of Mastricht?

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
how to make the most out of Mastricht?

Hello people :)

Ill be heading to mastricht from th hague for a day and its my first time there and im too excited to think of wherw to go there! So if im going by car would you please let me know where to park and start off touring the city and which places should i not miss there!

Thanks in advance

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 133
1. Re: how to make the most out of Mastricht?

Well really depends on your taste, that decides what to pick from

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g188575-Activiti…

For our foreign guests it's almost invariably a boat trip to St. Pietersberg caves and then the cave tour, and of course a coffee with 'Vlaai' (local delicacy) on some Vrijthof cafe.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: how to make the most out of Mastricht?

Take th boat tour from mastricht centrum?

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
3. Re: how to make the most out of Mastricht?

Weren't you the one asking about Bruges as a daytrip?

Now, to Bruges it would make sense to go there by car (because of needing to change trains, high cost, and probably the last bus or train back is quite early).

And exactly how many days in a row do you have to spend exploring? You may even want to make it a 3 day circular road trip by car to Maastricht, Leuven, Ghent, Bruges....?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 133
4. Re: how to make the most out of Mastricht?

The boat tour is just northwest (west bank of the river) from Servaes bridge, so just at the edge of the centre. See www.rederijstiphout.nl for details.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
5. Re: how to make the most out of Mastricht?

One thing I always do with visitors is a self guided walking tour. You can pick up free maps from the tourist office.

6. Re: how to make the most out of Mastricht?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 26, 2014