We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maastricht, Aachen and Liege in December

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Girona
reviews: 84
Maastricht, Aachen and Liege in December

Hi. We are going to Maastricht for 3 days in december. What places would you recommend to visit? Aachen and Liege? and for Christmas Markets which place near Maastricht is the best? Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Maastricht, Aachen and Liege in December

Hi there,

Aachen is the closest proper Xmas market; Valkenburg has the 'best' Dutch one but that's still rather limited. Yes also visit Liege for its architecture and other scene. The rest would depend a bit on the weather. If it's nice and sunny, Ardennes/Eifel places like Spa (B) and Monschau (G) are lovely for a few hours but with clouds and rain I'd restrict myself to the cities.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
2. Re: Maastricht, Aachen and Liege in December

Does anyone visit Liege for its architecture? I suppose you have not been out of the train station? ;)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
3. Re: Maastricht, Aachen and Liege in December

No also for things like this.....

flickr.com/photos/…

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

4. Re: Maastricht, Aachen and Liege in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 20, 2014