We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two days in Maastricht

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
two days in Maastricht

Hi all

I am heading to Maastricht week after next.

I will have two full days in Maastricht what would be peoples recommendation be of an itinerary and best things to see while I am there

3 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
1. Re: two days in Maastricht

www.maastrichtportal.nl/visit-maastricht.html

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
reviews: 63
2. Re: two days in Maastricht

First of all do my city walking tour (4 km), which will give you a nice impression of Maastricht. Start: Hotel MABI, Kleine Gracht 24, 6211 CB Maastricht

From Mabi walk towards the market square and turn left with Hotel De la Bourse on your left: there's a small shoppingcenter called Mosae Forum. Go also down the escalator!

Coming up the escalator again, go straight ahead, and walk under the wooden umbrella(look up, and you'll see what i mean). Walk ahead into Muntstraat, and at the corner with the main shopping street(Grote Staat) you'll see the Tourist Office(VVV) at your left. Maybe stop fro a visit...

Don't go right here; you'll be tempted to do so, but don't worry, we'll get there, later!

Go straight ahead into the Kleine Staat en follow the street that will turn into Wolfstraat just past a big store called Bijenkorf at your right.

In Wolfstraat, almost at the end there's a small shop called Blanche Dael in which it smells heavenly. Do yourself a favor and buy a bag of 250gr. roasted peanuts(ask for: gebrande pinda's) to eat while walking. Delicious!!! Their coffees and thea's are great aswell!

At the end of Wolfstr. you'll end up at the Square of Our Beloved Lady. Lots of terraces! Walk into the church and lit a candle!

At the rightcorner walk into Koestraat. At the end to your right there's the Bisschopsmolen(an working watermill where you could eat a piece of pie. They also have tours where you could bake youre own pie, but you have to make reservations)

Go left into Ridderstraat, and at the end go left again to end up at the Bernardusstraat, where you go right. Helpoort is in front of you.(Just before Helpoort there's a stairs to you're left; walk up and come back again). Go under the Helpoort, and go right into the park(Google maps goes left here, but you go right!). Cross the small bridge and walk towards the street(Begijnenstraat), and walk under the stone gate to your left. After the gate go right and walk past the fountain at the park!!(At your left there's is also a fountain).

At the end of this small park, go right, cross the stone bridge and go left into Nieuwenhofstraat with the fortifications on your left and public libarary on your right hand.

Where this street turns left, you'll see a sone stairs at your right. Go up the stairs and walk right over the fortifications, come back again and desend the stairs. Go under the stone gate a little further than the stairs, cross the bridge, and go right. Take the first oppertunity to go right into another small park with a statue of Dártagnan and you'll end up at Tongersestraat where you go right. At the Y, go left (on your right is Bistro T Orgelke, and a bit further is Mes Amis).

At the end don't walk ahead into Lenculenstraat, but go left into Bouillionstraat. After 100mtr. go left and walk a little uphill into Sint Servaasklooster, and follow to the end where the Sint Servaas Basilica is. Go right here and you'll end up at the Vrijthof Square.

Walk straight ahead into the main shopping street(Grote Staat) i mentioned before, and you will end up at the Visitors Center(VVV) again.

When the weather is nice, i'me sure you will enjoy this walk!

Copy and paste the link in your browser:

http://maps.google.nl/maps?saddr=Mabi+Hotel+BV,+Kleine+Gracht+24,+6211+CB+Maastricht&daddr=Mosae+Forum+to:50.851545,5.6919329+to:Muntstraat+to:Wolfstraat,+Maastricht+to:Koestraat,+Maastricht+to:Ridderstraat,+Maastricht+to:Sint+Bernardusstraat+to:Helpoort+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Nieuwenhofstraat+to:Nieuwenhofstraat+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Onbekende+weg+to:Bouillonstraat+to:Sint+Servaasklooster+to:Grote+Staat&hl=nl&ll=50.84718,5.691905&spn=0.011529,0.033023&sll=50.849829,5.688354&sspn=0.005737,0.016512&geocode=FX3yBwMdottWACEmcLXxBo_kASmDQ6FwuOnARzEmcLXxBo_kAQ%3BFTnvBwMdoNxWAA%3BFdnuBwMdHNpWACldTvZcuOnARzFsBa0lYgqyWA%3BFUToBwMdBNxWAA%3BFVfiBwMdpNxWAClREk9wuenARzG9yJeGF8xV5A%3BFQfdBwMdhN1WACmbkhLEu-nARzHPfXq8FyPMdw%3BFajaBwMdcN9WACll6qrqu-nARzGQMiO6amH4iQ%3BFUPXBwMdxONWAA%3BFRTXBwMdnuJWAA%3BFQjRBwMdnuFWAA%3BFQPRBwMdtNdWAA%3BFarSBwMd9tVWAA%3BFQTSBwMdBc9WAA%3BFVLQBwMdPs9WAA%3BFejQBwMdyrtWAA%3BFYDVBwMdp7hWAA%3BFW7bBwMdO8lWAA%3BFfrmBwMdMMRWAA%3BFUfoBwMd2dpWAA&oq=ridderstraa&gl=nl&dirflg=w&mra=mi&mrsp=18&sz=17&via=2&t=m&z=16

Have fun!

Dublin, Ireland
3. Re: two days in Maastricht

thanks

that is quite detailed.

I got my hotel booked last night and looking forward to the trip.

I haven't been in The Netherlands for 11 years and Its my first time in Maastricht

Reply to: two days in Maastricht
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted