We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
reviews: 78
Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

I will be arriving at Maastricht airport on a Sunday, early afternoon, in about two weeks. Can I get a local bus or airport express type bus to the centre of Maastricht? We are staying beside the Vrijthof area. Is there a recommended stop where we get off the bus?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

The advice has not really changed since the last time you asked this question, still bus 59 and use 9292ov.nl for door to door directions

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188575-i1264-k597…

maa.nl/en-us/…publictransport

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
2. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

Thanks. I was more concerned about Sunday schedules and local buses as distinct from midweek schedules. Is the bus stop for the 59 bus close to the arrivals hall?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 133
3. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

Yes it is. And 9292.nl, being a web site, is very well aware of Sunday schedules!

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

I have never been to Maastricht airport but Google maps has http://goo.gl/maps/WXTyv

Here you can see the bus stop and the terminal. Did you end up not going the last time you asked? Sunday schedules seem to be every hour and midweek every 30 mins. It's not that big or busy as airports go. The bus 59 stops at the airport and the Vrihof is about a 15 minute walk from there.

Have you thought about taking a cab?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
5. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

"The bus 59 stops at the airport and the Vrihof is about a 15 minute walk from there."

The Vrihof (?) is a 15 minute walk from the airport? I am getting very confused here.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
6. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

No what he meant is Vrijthof is 15 mins walk from the terminus of the bus, being Maastricht Railway Station. There are city buses going from station to Vrijthof, and as they are run by the same company (Veolia) that runs line 59 for a surcharge the driver could even be able to sell you a ticket covering both buses. But then it's useful to know which city bus you need, again the 9292 site gives all info.

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
reviews: 67
7. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

Come on guys, the Vrijthof is at least a 30 minutes walk from the Railway station!

Something you don't want to do carrying a suitcase.

I'me sorry, i don't know much about busses, but take my advice and take a cab!!

This one has a fixed rate of 25€ from Maastricht Airport.Thats what it says on their website.

taxi-frenske.nl/images/airport_prijzen.jpg

www.taxi-frenske.nl/index.php…

Call:043 36 36 36 2 at he airport to make sure.

Gr,

Edited: 10:55 am, September 02, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

@ boxthe fox Sorry I meant that the bus went to the train station not the airport. how on earth would you get confused by me saying that the airport was a 15 minute walk? It's about 10 miles!!

@ lelici49 I will certainly bow to your superior knowledge but from the map it looks like around 1.2 km from the station to the Vrijhof so is that wrong??

http://goo.gl/maps/BKbZs

I am with you in that a cab is the best option

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
reviews: 67
9. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

You're correct Ronaldo,

but out of experience i'me sure it will take about 25-30 minutes.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
10. Re: Maastricht Airport bus on a Sunday to city centre.

Well that really depends on walking speed! Yes it's a nice old bridge and cobblestoned streets, but from station to city centre/Vrijthof (okay without heavy luggage) it always takes us 15 maybe max. 20 minutes...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]