We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brentwood, United...
Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

Trying to complete my train timetable from London to Maastricht for a 3 night stay with 3 friends. New to planning continental train journeys, but what appears to be an excellent site http://railtime.be is showing Brussels/Liegge trains terminating at Vise, with (hopefully?) a bus completing the run into Maastricht on 11 July 2013

Anyone else heard of this or know where I might seek confirmation? If correct, is there any (sensible) alternative train route to a station closer to Maastricht? Unfortunately, the Eurostar arrival in Brussels will put us in the rush hour slots, so the chances of a taxi at Vise are probably not good.

Any suggestions/advice appreciated (cancelling is not an option!)

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
1. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

If you download the detailed poster from the RailTime website, it gives the following times:

Departure train from Liege: xx.10

Arrival train in Vise xx.27

Departure substitution bus from Liege: xx.33

Arrival substitution bus in Maastricht: xx.01

The alternative route would be through the Netherlands over Rotterdam and Eindhoven, but takes 2 hours extra, so that's not worth it in your case.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 128
2. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

Hi Roger,

That is in place for 2 years already, no Brussels-Maastricht trains since then! But normally in Visé you can transfer to the local train Liege Guillemins to Maastricht, and according to www.ns.nl indeed on 11th that is replaced by bus due to scheduled rail maintenance...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

3. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:26 pm, June 22, 2013
Brentwood, United...
4. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. As a first time user it is reassuring to know that the information that I located on RailTime can be relied upon.

Although I had found the data via the route facility, I have yet to find a link to the poster download that you mentioned - probably staring me in the face!

Roger H

Brentwood, United...
5. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. As a first time user it is reassuring to know that the information that I located on RailTime can be relied upon.

Although I had found the data via the route facility, I have yet to find a link to the poster download that you mentioned - probably staring me in the face!

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
6. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

I think the poster is only displayed in the French and Dutch version of the site. I found it through Railtime.be - French - Infos-Travaux - Select date - Click on the triangle near Liege - Details - Visualiser/imprimer.

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 29
7. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

For future reference:

I travelled to Maastrict on 12 July 2013 from central station Brussels. Cost €18.50 single, no 'return ticket' available so purchased a single for both ways. Changed trains in Liege - onto platform, up escalator, across the wide bridge, down the next escalator and onto the train, so easy as the platform is a huge covered area no going down into ancient dungeons! The next train continued on to Maastrict. Train service is very regular, If I recall correctly at least hourly with a 17 minute change-over in Liege. 'Train conductors' alight from the train at the station and were very helpful.

8. Re: Brussels/Liege trains not serving Maastricht 11 July 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 13, 2014