We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Petra, Ma, Jordan
reviews: 1
Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

A new date has been added to Andre's Maastricht Tour and I have just booked everything the only thing that I am unclear about at this moment is how to get from Charlesroi airport to Maastricht.

What is the best way to go about it?

If it is via train....do the services run the same on a Sunday?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

8 replies to this topic
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

Best way is by bus from Charleroi airport to Brussels then train with a Change in Liege.

Services do run on Sundays. See www.b-rail.be for full details.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 74
2. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

Trains operate between Brussels and Maastricht quite regularly, so you should not have a problem.

Petra, Ma, Jordan
3. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

Thanks guy for your input.

Does the shuttlebus from the Airport take you direct to Brussels Sud/Midi please....or if not where does that stop?

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
4. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

It takes you direct to Zuid/Midi.

Again, you are asking question about Belgium in the Netherlands forum. For your own sake, can you please think a bit about what you are asking before deciding where to post it.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
5. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

You can also take the train from Charleroi station to Liege, then to Maastricht

Petra, Ma, Jordan
6. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

Having now done this trip, I thought I would return here to tell you exactly how we did it.

We caught a Ryan Air flight from Manchester arriving at Charleroi airport.

From there we booked a return shuttle bus via Voyages Elan, direct to Maastricht, for an unbelievable promotional price of 23 euro return, and had a first class service, arriving in Maastricht 90 mins later.

We had a leisurely 5 minute walk from the station to our hotel, La Columbe which was on the Markt (Town Hall Square) which was a minute away from Virtjhof. Small friendly hotel, excellent location - only drawback to it was there was no lift.

We booked seats a Terrace cafe, Grand Cafe Nieuw Bruin (next to Monople) which was excellent!

We stayed three nights at the hotel, arriving Thursday and saw the rehearsal for the show, Friday was concert, Satuday, we went to a small square leading from Virtjhof, and watched the concert on Veterans Day, in a cafe/bar with a large screen and a fabulous atmosphere.

Sunday we returned home with no problems whatsoever.

The only thing we had no control over was the weather...it poured down on the night of the Concert, but we were lovely and dry under the large parasols in the Grand Cafe Nieuw Bruin.

Would we do it again.....without a doubt!!!

Pettra

Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Meath, County Louth
reviews: 170
7. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

I still can't believe that I am STILL looking at these Andre Rieu threads - but glad now that I did this evening.

Pettra - I am SO glad to read that you had a good experience at Grand Cafe Nieuw Bruin.

I have it booked for one of our nightst in Maastricht (other night night seated in the Virtjhof). I have to say, my interactions with them via email have been very positive and Anthony/Linda are very nice to deal with.

I wasn't/didn't expect the food to be great - but if it is edible it will be a bonus! The set menu with no choice was/is off putting and I did consider trying somewhere else - but think I read somewhere that all the restaurants on the square offer something similar (the price is the same for everywhere anyways).

I say I'm not a Rieu fan, that I only accompany my mother - but this will be my 8th (or maybe 9th) concert with her.

Maybe I should just admit it to myself that I have the potential to be a fan...... or then again, maybe I am as much as I deny it to myself!

Thanks for reassuring me that at least Cafe Nieuw Bruin will be ok :-)

Oh, and I have bought tickets for his concert in Dublin later this year - even though my sister had bought some for my mum.

Actually, maybe I should just admit - I do like him ;-)

Edited: 2:12 pm, July 06, 2013
ireland
reviews: 9
8. Re: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013

Hi lovely to hear you enjoy your trip . We are going in July and don't know wether to get tickets in square or cafe can you help we are in our 60s I smile as I write that I just relised my age. Tks if u can advise Betty

Reply to: Andre Rieu - 28th June, 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted