We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andre Rieu July 2013

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Andre Rieu July 2013

I am visiting Maastricht for the Andre Rieu concert with my husband for our 23rd wedding anniversary. We have booked the opening night on Friday evening; meal at the Cafe de Perroen including tkt and then again on the Sunday evening we have actual tickets for the concert only. We haven't yet booked flights and are considering expanding our trip but would like some suggestions - we would like to make it a memorable trip, I have heard Trier is nice. Can anyone recommend anywhere special?

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
41. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

We stayed at Urban Residenes Maastricht this year which was about 10steps from entrance to the Vrijthof

Self catering but excellent apartments. No lift though. Also reasonably priced Hotel duCasque is on the square too I think. We flew to Amsterdam then 3 trains to Maastricht -usually 2 but works on the track causing diversion. We had tickets 8 rows from the front and 5seats in from the aisle and, excluding food, guess we paid about £350 each for our 3 days and 2 nights away against coach trip£260 I think for seats near back and hotel miles away. Not only that, as we got out of the taxi from the station we were greeted by the sound check and the Blue Danube, and later that evening we were able to stroll round the outside of the sqare and enjoy the music for free! Just waiting for 2014 dates now. It was amazing!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
42. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Hi there,

I see you are gonna try booking Maastricht 2014, I reckon you should be booking the hotel now as tickets go on sale this Friday and after that hotels on or near the square will be impossible to get. I'm speaking from experiance, except for last year, I have been to all the Maastricht concerts which are amazing. Hotel du Casque on the square is usually where I stay, I book before the tickets go on sale ( he usually plays start of July so i book the first 2 weekends in July and then cancel one when the dates announced). Good luck and enjoy!

Nita, Cork City.

Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
43. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Hi traveltheworld

I hope you enjoyed the concert?

I wondered if you could assist me? I'm very keen to get tickets to the 2015 Maastricht concert - i want tickets down the sides i.e. near the bars! can you pls advise how i go about getting tickets and when they go on sale?

Many thanks

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
4 reviews
44. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

There's 42 responses to this thread. Did you bother to read any of them?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
76 reviews
45. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

@ PhileasFogg, why travel around the world in 80 days when you can see Andre play in the UK in December? www.andrerieu.nl/en/calendar/all-events

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
46. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

We are going to see the concert in Birmingham, staying overnight at a hotel. It is not as atmospheric as Maastricht but as Michael had another little stroke in May, it is just as well we did not book for Maastricht. We really would like to see the concert there but too risky. I hope anyone lucky enough to go had a good time!

Maureen R

8 posts
47. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Cecile74 - I have been to both UK concerts and Maastricht - both wonderful, but you can't beat the atmosphere in Maastricht. It is something very special!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
48. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

I would dearly love to go to Maastricht but Michael's health makes it a tricky proposition. The hotel overlooking the square would be ideal but I think our travelling days are over.

49. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:37 pm, August 23, 2014
Edited: 12:37 pm, August 23, 2014
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
50. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Not funny! He already has had the big one. This conversation is about appreciating the music of Andre Rieu not about making flippant remarks about someone's illness!