We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andre Rieu July 2013

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 3
Andre Rieu July 2013

I am visiting Maastricht for the Andre Rieu concert with my husband for our 23rd wedding anniversary. We have booked the opening night on Friday evening; meal at the Cafe de Perroen including tkt and then again on the Sunday evening we have actual tickets for the concert only. We haven't yet booked flights and are considering expanding our trip but would like some suggestions - we would like to make it a memorable trip, I have heard Trier is nice. Can anyone recommend anywhere special?

42 replies to this topic
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
1. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

expand your trip for how many days?

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Trier is nice. Old Roman settlement. The whole of the countryside in the Moselle/Eifel area is gorgeous with beautiful villages and great wines.

Have you thought of the south of Belgium (Wallonia) to visit towns like Liege (Luik), Namur, or Charleroi?

UK
reviews: 9
3. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Hi,

We've just booked tickets to the concert on the 14th July, we're coming over from England & staying for 3 nights. Was wondering if you can advise on the best way to get from the airport to the Mabi Hotel? Any tips & recommendations on what to do in Maastricht would also be appreciated. We were also wondering whether to take a day trip to Amsterdam - would you recommend this?

"Andre Andre Andre...!"

Thanks in advance

Sophy x

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 69
4. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

I've been to Andre Rieu's Maastricht concerts several times, and will be attending the 2013 concerts as well. There is always great information on Harmony Parlor http://harmonyparlor.blogspot.ca/ which is the best fan site, and Andre Rieu Movies which has translations of European videos. Ineke and Ruud, who run that site have a lot of information about Maastricht, fan events and so on. Their site is at http://www.andrerieu-movies.com/index.html

The "regulars" who come from all over the world to attend the concerts hang out on the terrace of Gaucho's which is right across the street from the Vrijthof.

Drop by and introduce yourselves and you'll be with new-found friends quickly. Hope to see you there.

Edited: 3:56 pm, January 01, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
5. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

i hope this guy takes 2014 off

Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Meath, County Louth
reviews: 159
6. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

LOL Steveftw!

I think it was you that gave me a chuckle on another thread when you wondered if he was the Jimmy Hendrix of violins.

Take it you're not a fan ;-)

Love him, or loathe him, Rieu Inc is a money making machine who seems to have an army of loyal followers, my mother included. Hence the reason why I am tipping into the forum, as I am taking her to one of the concerts in July.

Any chance you could organise an alternative to An Evening with Andre Rieu during the concert dates. If so, sign me up ;-)

england
reviews: 3
7. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Thanks for that, I have booked flights into Maastricht and having looked at Trier really like the idea of going there Tues to Friday when we have our first tkts booked to see Andre Rieu. I am hoping we can get a train to Trier and are looking at booking a hotel near the Roman gate, unless you have any recommendations!

Regards and a Happy New Year to you.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

We hope to go to the July Maastricht concert, using Newmarket Travel. I am trying to find out how far away from the Square the coach drop off point is as my husband has had a stroke and cannot walk very fast or for long distances. The lady I spoke to was a bit vague so if anyone has actually been on such a package and has any information, I would be most grateful.

Maureen Rickardsi

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
9. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

I'd be more worries by this statement on Newmarket Travel's website

"You will be accommodated in a good quality hotel, no more than 90 minutes by coach from Maastricht."

That means you could be in a hotel in Germany, Belgium, France or Luxembourg

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 6
10. Re: Andre Rieu July 2013

Thanks for this but the hotels used a 4* and named. Coach to the venue included so it should not be a problem. Never fear, I shall not book unless I am 100% sure that the arrangements suit me. The coach park is an issue I need to resolve.

Maureen Rickards

Reply to: Andre Rieu July 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted