We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Randwyck?

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 9
Where is Randwyck?

Hello - am looking for information from a local person please. We are going to be in Maastricht for the Andre Rieu concerts in July and have booked rooms at the Apart Hotel Randwyck. We know it is out of town somewhat but does anyone know if the Vrijhof square is within walking distance? or public transport as I assume there will be little availability of taxis after the concert.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Where is Randwyck?

9292.nl/reisadvies/…

A number of busses. about 35 minute walk

http://goo.gl/maps/gUel0

By the way if you are going to get there by train then the Randwyck station is right by your apartment.

Edited: 5:38 pm, November 28, 2012
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
2. Re: Where is Randwyck?

I quite often stay in Randwyck when I am in Maastricht as it is much easier for parking. It is on the edge of town, about 30 minutes walk into the old center and another 10 to the Vrijthof. If you make a slight detour much of this is by the river which is very pleasant.

There are also frequent buses, every 10 minutes or so and three trains an hour to and from the center. The area around the hotel itself is a pretty dull, commercial one. There are no bars and restaurants other than those in the two hotels at Randwyck itself.

Western Ireland...
3. Re: Where is Randwyck?

Hi , we went to the Andrea Rieu concert last year 2012 and it was amazing. We flew Dublin Charleroi with Ryanair and made the connection by train. You can now prob go direct to Maastricht. If using the train get off at randwyck station . It is the stop before the Maastricht central station. We stayed at th NH hotel in randwyck and it was very very nice. They laid on a bus to bring you to and from the concert for a small charge. The rest of the time we happily walked to the centre in about 20 minutes but if you don't like walking you could use the train. It is all a nice very safe area and the walk to town is along the river. If using the trains remember the Sunday timetable is different. Enjoy...the trip will be magic.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: Where is Randwyck?

Thank you for all that info. We will fly to Brussels and train from there - I think it is just 1 change in Liege. Am really looking forward to it. His Dublin concert last month was such a great show and as we have restaurant tickets for Maastricht I think there will be a great buzz.

Western Ireland...
5. Re: Where is Randwyck?

For anyone travelling Brussels or Charleroi to maastricht by train it is easy Monday to Friday but be careful if you are trying to make your way back to the airport on a Sunday. The early trains to Leige do not run on a Sunday....we got caught and had to pay 75 euro for a taxi to Leige train station from Maastricht.

It was entirely our fault..we didn't realise the different timetable at weekends.

Happy travelling.

Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: Where is Randwyck?

Hi Zita --- why and how did you get caught? Had you prebooked tickets or was it at the station that you were told there was no local train??

I have searched every whichway and by using the link below (found after much research on this and other forum)

b-europe.com/Travel/…stepTravelWish

you can prebook tickets Brussels/Maastricht --- and although July is too far away to book now I tried using weekends in February and there are trains on Saturdays and Sundays -- maybe they are not as frequent but they are almost every hour. So happy days to all travelling in July!!

7. Re: Where is Randwyck?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 09, 2014