We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels to Maastricht

Which Maastricht hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Brussels to Maastricht

Hi everyone,

I have a flight from Newark (US) to Brussels later in August. I want to stay a night in brussels I think, and the next day take the train to Maastricht.

I was looking at this site which seemed like waht I needed:

http://www.ns.nl/cs/Satellite/travellers

For the departing station, there was three options:

-Brussel-Zuid/Midi

-Brussel-Noord

-Brussel-Centraal

For the arriving station, there was two options:

-Maastricht

-Maastricht Randwyck

For the departing, I guess I would want the one closest to the airport in Brussels no?

Or if someone recommends another train to travel please let me know! Thanks.

Btw I am a student so I don't know if that makes a difference in terms of pricing.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: Brussels to Maastricht

Well the station depends on which one you are staying closest to, not the one closest to the airport (which is Noord and not the best area of Brussels).

There are two stations in Maastrich, the main one in the centre is just Maastricht and the other one at Randwyck is by the hospital. Again it depends on where you want to get off. To get to Randwyck you would have to cahnge trains anyway.

www.ns.nl will not give you pricing info you should look at www.nshispeed.nl or the Belgian rail site.

I don't think that being student gets you any discount. You have to buy a student discount card I think.

There's a direct train every hour or so and one way is € 17,90

2. Re: Brussels to Maastricht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 31, 2010