We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in Groningen

Which Groningen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
one day in Groningen

I'll visit groningen fir one day by train from den haag so can someone suggest places that will show me most of the city please after i get off th train station?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: one day in Groningen

Why don't you read a bit about the place for yourself then decide what you want to see?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groningen

Groningen, The...
reviews: 297
2. Re: one day in Groningen

Several people on this site have recommended a walking tour through the city, which will show all the highlights of Groningen. See for more info on Virtual Tourist: …virtualtourist.com/vt/tfr/1/319/4/1a199d/

If you are even slightly interested in modern art it is worth taking some time to see the Groningen Museum, which is right by the station. Definitely worth including on your walk is the Martinikerk and the nearby Martinikerkhof (the most attractive square in Groningen) and Prinsenhof ( a pretty garden with historical buildings around it). If feeling energetic you can walk up teh Martinkerk tower. At this stage I'd recommend either the Prinsenhof Hotel (expensive but very smart) or the Feithuis for a coffee.

Another nice part of town is the old fish market (Vismarkt), which has another historic church called the Aakerk. From there you can visit the Maritime Museum and then walk to the harbour area "Hoge de Aa".

Best regards

Rees

netherlands
reviews: 3
3. Re: one day in Groningen

Also would recommend a city walk, very often the best way to discover a town on a quick way. See my tip on Virtual Tourist (and many ther tips): members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1a199d/

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 131
4. Re: one day in Groningen

This also helps...

http://toerisme.groningen.nl/en

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Reply to: one day in Groningen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Groningen