We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday house in Midsland, Noord, Terschelling

south carolina
reviews: 10
Holiday house in Midsland, Noord, Terschelling

I just returned from my annual trip to the Netherlands to visit family and friends. Since I love the island of Terschelling and because my family has been traced here, I always plan a visit to this most beautiful and special place.

On this particular visit, I rented a small holiday house in Midsland Noord (on the Duinweg), right in the middle of the island. The owners are Arie Doeksen and Gettje Pals and they rent three holiday houses on the island through their business called Deining, Bungalowverhuur Terschelling (www.deining.info). I rented Arcadie for one week in May.

Arcadie is a two bedroom/1 bath house with all of the amenities that you could want. It is nicely furnished, is well-stocked with everything that you might need to prepare meals (yes, a dishwasher, too), has a huge garden, complete with its own family of rabbits and is an easy bike-ride to villages, the sea, restaurants, shopping, pubs, and anywhere else you might want to go. We found it very clean and did I mention that there is also a washer/dryer. The owners were also responsive to questions about the property, because they, too, live on Terschelling. The only thing that you have to bring are your own towels. Everything else is provided. Arcadie would also be perfect for folks who need everything on one level.

For all of you who want to visit the Netherlands and plan to only visit Amsterdam, let me encourage you to venture beyond that very touristic city into the rural areas, into the forests and on to the beautiful Dutch islands in the North Sea. And, if you choose to take the ferry from Harlingen to Terschelling, be sure to stay at one of the Deining properties.

1 reply
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 62
1. Re: Holiday house in Midsland, Noord, Terschelling

lovely to read your post.

how much per week?

thanks

diane

Reply to: Holiday house in Midsland, Noord, Terschelling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Friesland Province
More Friesland Province Topics