We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boys Under 9's Football Tour

Which The Netherlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Boys Under 9's Football Tour

Hi

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me, i look after a kids football in the UK and we're looking for a club to partner up with and run an exchange program with each year i.e we spend a weekend/week with you training and playing matches for one week of the summer and vica versa.The quality of football is not fantastic to be honest but they're a great bunch of kids and an experiance like this would further teir development. If anyone knows of or is connected to a club it would be great to hear from you.

3 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
1. Re: Boys Under 9's Football Tour

"Football is not fantastic"

I assume you are reaching out through actual football-soccer channels not just TA?

When I coached that quote would have been a deal breaker. Sorry but it would have been with so much time, effort, and $$$$ involved in youth football-soccer.

And the need to always play people better than we were.

I think on other venues you need to explain that better?

What level of play, type of coaching, etc

Good luck though. It's a great model you have there.

I am sure your answer will not come through TA but I hope you update here how it goes.

Edited: 8:31 am, February 14, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 54
2. Re: Boys Under 9's Football Tour

Nice idea and I often see teams or whole associations of all kinds of sportspeople at the hostel near where I live, but usually of adolescent age.

I think you'd be best of e-mailing clubs directly. I don't know if you want to narrow it down to certain towns that are easy to reach? Every city must have tonnes of little league football clubs and even the small towns may have their own (my nephew in The Hague has been playing basically since he can walk; the club in IJburg Amsterdam is so popular that they have a multiple year waiting list; and there are many many more clubs). Perhaps you can use the phone directory www.detelefoongids.nl and search by 'voetbalvereniging'. detelefoongids.nl/voetbalvereniging/11-1/…

Or come over sometime and go watch some training sessions and speak to coaches.

Good luck!

Edited: 3:58 pm, February 14, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 54
3. Re: Boys Under 9's Football Tour

P.S. You may have more of a chance in the richer areas of the country where people have the money to send their kid abroad just to play junior football. Try Wassenaar, Hilversum, Naarden, Blaricum, Laren, Bilthoven, Soest, Doorn, Apeldoorn...

You also need to keep an eye on school holidays that match yours, we have three regions in the Netherlands who don't all have their school holidays the exact same time.

Reply to: Boys Under 9's Football Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted