We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Day Europe Stay Recommendation

Which The Netherlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
5 Day Europe Stay Recommendation

Hello,

Back in 2011, I stayed in Amsterdam for 2 Nights. It is very beautiful. This year I am travelling to Amsterdam again, along with my 3 friends. We arrive in Amsterdam on Nov 22nd Morning and Leave on 27 Nov, morning from Amsterdam. We Plan on staying in Amsterdam on 22nd (Day 1) and 23rd (Day 2). For 24, 25, 26 we are still deciding. We need help with the below plan, in terms of the feedback, as to how much it is feasible. We have chalked out the below options:

Plan 1

(Day 3) Morning Train to Berlin / Sight Seeing Berlin / Night Party or Chillout

(Day 4) Morning Sight Seeing Berlin / Night Party or Chillout

(Day 5) Morning Berlin, Evening, Train to Amsterdam

(Day 6) Morning, Flight from Schipol - Amsterdam

Plan 2

(Day 3) Morning Train to Munich / Sight Seeing Munich / Night Party or Chillout

(Day 4) Morning Sight Seeing Munich / Night Party or Chillout

(Day 5) Morning Munich Evening, Train to Amsterdam

Plan 3

(Day 3) Morning Train to Brussels / Sight Seeing Brussels / Night Party or Chillout

(Day 4) Morning Train to Munich / Sight Seeing Munich / Night Party or Chillout

(Day 5) Morning Munich Evening, Train to Amsterdam

Plan 4

(Day 3) Morning Train to Munich / Sight Seeing Munich / Night Party or Chillout

(Day 4) Morning Train to / Sight seeing Nuremberg or Stuttgart / Night Chillout

(Day 5) Morning Nuremberg or Stuttgart, Evening, Train to Amsterdam

Any Suggestions or comments are highly appreciated.

Edited: 5:04 pm, November 12, 2013
3 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
1. Re: 5 Day Europe Stay Recommendation

The "morning train to Munich" is no shorter than 7h53m. Berlin, only slightly better at 6h07m. Your plans may be feasible, but not reasonable, IMHO.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 54
2. Re: 5 Day Europe Stay Recommendation

I agree with post #1, a train to Berlin would eat a big gap into your holiday, twice. Time you cannot spend sightseeing or partying or eating out. You may want to use night trains to save that (day)time. The night train to Berlin takes about 10 hours. (Day train about 6 hours... but also calculate time for getting to and from the train stations, basically you lose almost a full day in transit).

Or you may prefer flying to London, it's a 40 minute flight but about 4-5 hours door to door with airport time etc.

Ghent could be another option closer by, worth at least one overnight stay. Bruges is only half an hour from there.

I just got back from really cool German city Münster (= Muenster. But not to be confused with another city called Munster). www.muenster.de/stadt/tourismus/en/index.html Münster has a studenty arty vibe, it's a medieval Hansa city, has very pretty architecture, and lots of bars and restaurants. It appears you can get there in about 3 hours by train (I went by car). www.bahn.de

Or just stick to Dutch cities... Many cool ones within one or two hours train ride, for example Arnhem, Leiden, Haarlem, Utrecht, Delft, Den Bosch, Breda, or if you don't mind modern architecture then Rotterdam (good nightlife), and a few others at about 2.5 hours away.

You'll also want to look at the days of the week you're hoping to party... not much will be going on on Mondays in most cities.

Good luck deciding,

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
3. Re: 5 Day Europe Stay Recommendation

Some advice on some of the cities you mentioned:

- Stuttgart/ Nuremberg: not very interesting, there are many better alternatives

- Brussels: in Belgium this is not the place to go, which is Bruges. Not too much nightlife in Bruges though except for some specialty beers type of places. Antwerp and Ghent are more lively but Bruges is the prettiest

I would combine Amsterdam with Bruges, and do Munich or Berlin another time.

Reply to: 5 Day Europe Stay Recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted