We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in amsterdam?

Which The Netherlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Where to stay in amsterdam?

I just wonder where is the best place to stay in amsterdam? Red light district? I want to make sure that I wont miss anything. Im thinking to spend 3 nights but downtown is really expensive, does it worth it? 60$ for hostel in a 8-10 beds room.

Im planning to party 2 nights.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
1. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

What s your nightly target as far as a hotel budget?

Also what are your dates? Single or double room?

Edited: 3:12 pm, August 21, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
2. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

While you are thinking about that hotel budget take a quick skim of the last 15-20 pages of this long thread.

You want to be staying within the close in center.

3. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

Im traveling alone, and budget will be 40$ and I prefer hostler, easier to meet people. I found out sept 28 to oct 1st is expensive. I know its a weekend but wonder if there is something special that weekend.

Im willing to pay a little bit more than 40$ if its worth it.

4. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

Im traveling alone, and budget will be 40$ and I prefer hostler, easier to meet people. I found out sept 28 to oct 1st is expensive. I know its a weekend but wonder if there is something special that weekend.

Im willing to pay a little bit more than 40$ if its worth it.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
5. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

If you're here to party, try Winston, or Flying Pig, or Hans Brinker hostel. But read reviews first. For example on www.hostels.com or www.hostelworld.com .

As far as I heard the StayOkay hostels have stricter rules, might not be your thing.

Careful about pickpockets and scam artists when you're under influence of whatever substance. And try not to puke in our streets :-S

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 7:39 pm, August 21, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
6. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

$40 is €30 ...are there hostels for 30 a night

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
7. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

for that budget you can stay in a dormitory at Leidseplein , see www.booking.com

but I wonder what hotel you can get at www.priceline.com , Name your own price, for a 2-star in areas 2 and 3 . With a credit card you could try.

Doncaster, United...
reviews: 5
8. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

If travelling alone you want to try the flying pig great vibe really cool place i have stayed a couple of times if you stay in a 8 or 10 bed dorm it will cost around 35 euros you cant go wrong for that price they have a bar a smoking room and you will easily meet new people and probably end up partying with them. They have two places one near vondelpark and one at the back of damrak. Damrak is closer to redlight district more coffeshops and bars etc .. Vondelpark is near museum district designer shops etc but it doesnt really matter if you stay at either placevas amsterdam is a compact city and easily explored on foot..

London, England...
reviews: 16
9. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

The Amstel Botel is fairly cheap and a fun experience. It is now moored out on NDSM Pier, in North Amsterdam - there are free ferries to the central station every 10 minutes. It is right by several cool places including Pllek , a cool bar/restaurant (http://www.pllek.nl/ ) . You can see reviews at tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g188590-d2360…

10. Re: Where to stay in amsterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 27, 2014