We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

switzerland 3 days

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bangalore
switzerland 3 days

Hi am a trsveller from India planning to visit Switzerland in mid may. Am starting my travel from hamburg Germany and from munich or venice am planning my visit to zurich for 2 nights 3days. First day am planning for a city tour of Zurich and second day would like go to interlaken and jungfrou mountain and third day in lucerne and mt titlis and same day night train to Paris. But don't know how to execute it like the stays in zurich interlaken and modes of travel for the above travel. Is night train from Venice to zurich recomended. Please advice

1 reply
London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 104
1. Re: switzerland 3 days

With three days, I'm afraid your wish list is just not practical. You would spend all your time travelling and barely get to see a thing. Whilst Switzerland looks small on maps, there are huge mountains in the way, thus making travel take a bit longer than you might expect.

Mid May is also a bit of a tricky time up in the mountains. Much melty squelchyness. However, fear not. I would suggest you choose one base, and in your case Lucerne would be my suggestion. It's just an hour by train from Zurich airport. If you want, you can store your bags in the lockers at Zurich station and tour the city before heading on. Or you could have a look around on your final day. Lucerne is a pretty place set on a lake. There is plenty to do in and around the area, including if the weather is bad. You can easily access the local mountains, which can include a glacier experience if this interests you. Take a look at the Top Questions section of the Lucerne forum, which gives lots and lots of information on this area.

There are no night trains to Paris as the journey is too short for it to be sensible.

There are no night trains to/from Venice any more.

Reply to: switzerland 3 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted