We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good location in Zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 6
Good location in Zurich

I am visiting Zurich with my family to see the sights. We have a choice of staying at the Renaissance Zurich Towers Hotel (Turbinenstrasse 20 · Zurich, 8005) or Renaissance Zurich Hotel (Thurgauerstrasse 101 Zurich-Glattpark, Switzerland 8152).

Can anyone advise if one is in a better location than the other see the major sights in Zurich we may want to see?

canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: Good location in Zurich

The one at Glattpark lies between the airport and the Messe (exhibition ground), practically out of town. The Tower is located near Hardbrucke station, with a construction site in between. As a tourist, these will be my last resort location. If you are using Marriott points, why not try Marriott instead.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 26
2. Re: Good location in Zurich

I agree that both locations aren't central. If you have to decide between the two, I would opt for the Tower Hotel as the connections to downtown are better. It's also in walking distance to a few good restaurants (for instance La Salle or Clouds) and the shops in Puls5 mall. The whole area is developing and there are a few construction sites around the hotel, but they shouldn't affect your stay too much.

Schweiz
reviews: 103
3. Re: Good location in Zurich

Both hotels are a bit outside. If you have the possibility, choose a hotel closer to the city center. If it must be Renaissance, take the towers hotel. It is closer to the main attractions and there are a few restaurants around.

canada
reviews: 10
4. Re: Good location in Zurich

I don't know about your itinerary, how about staying in Renaissance Lucerne instead? and do a day trip to tour Zurich.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Good location in Zurich

defenetly the Tower. Its just a 15 minutes tram ride into the very cente of the city. Plus there is alot going on there (restaurants, shops...)

6. Re: Good location in Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 24, 2014