We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hours layover in Zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
3 hours layover in Zurich

Expected to arrive in Zurich on a Sat morning at 06:10.

My flight to towards Cologne on German Wings will depart at 09:10.

With a 3 hours layover period only, is it doable to visit the city? I'll like to at least see the old town and walk along the river banks since I've never seen the city.

Will there be sufficient time if I board the train from the city to go back to the airport at 08:50? Will shops in the city be open that early in the morning for me to grab a quick bite?

reviews: 1
1. Re: 3 hours layover in Zurich

Correction: Will there be sufficient time if I board the train from the city to go back to the airport at 07:50? Will shops in the city be open that early in the morning for me to grab a quick bite?

Winterthur
reviews: 36
2. Re: 3 hours layover in Zurich

Thats extremly tight. allow 30-45min to get out to the trainstation, you might be able to catch a train at 7, and be in the city at around 7.15. You will not have more than half an hour to explore the city, maybe enough for a quick walk to the old town, but I would really think about, whether its worth the stress. Most shops will have closed at that time, but buy something at the main station in Zurich, there will be open shops (e.g. the Migros in the underground).

3. Re: 3 hours layover in Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 02, 2014