We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good airport layover hotel in Zurich, near train stop

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Good airport layover hotel in Zurich, near train stop

My wife and I are arriving from San Francisco a day early in Zurich for a tour that meets the following day at the Zurich airport. We are looking for a hotel that would be easy to train in to and spend the night in Zurich, with an easy return the next morning. Important criteria: easy walk from train stop to hotel, hotel in an interesting part of the city, moderate (not cheap, not really expensive) price. Thanks!!

Munich, Germany
reviews: 66
1. Re: Good airport layover hotel in Zurich, near train stop

Well the airport in Zurich is VERY WELL connected to the city and its not very far at all. You may even want to stay near the airport to save yourselves from having to haul luggage all over the place, and just take the train into Zurich center to walk around and see a few sights. From the airport into the city you have the choice of the regional rails or the street trolleys -

www.zbb.ch has an english version too!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
reviews: 8
2. Re: Good airport layover hotel in Zurich, near train stop

Hi, I like the Movenpick at Zurich airport. They have a shuttle to the airport (takes about 7 or 8 minutes) so you just shuttle to the airport, catch the train into the city to eat and enjoy the old town which starts at the station and goes to the lake on both sides of the River Limmat.

I've found the Movenpick on line for as little as $150 a night.

I think the Hoiday Inn at the airport also has a shuttle that runs frequently so that is probably a good bet as well. Again - just use the shuttle and the train from the airport.

Zurich is very safe so you can easily stay in the city and walk around until pretty late (just verify when the shuttle stops) and the next day you are very close to the airport to meet your group.

Have a great trip!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 132
3. Re: Good airport layover hotel in Zurich, near train stop

If you just want to walk to the airport station then the Radisson Blu Hotel is right at the Terminal. No shuttle needed.

On the other hand, why not get away from the airport and stay in town? you could check your larger suitcases in a locker at the airport station and just take carry ons. Then you can really experience the atmosphere of Zürich. There is a beautiful hotel in the old town - the Storchen - but it is expensive. There are loads of other hotels in town. Best way to find one that suits you is to use the Zürich tourist office site which allows you to filter results by star ratings. www.zuerich-tourismus.com

Then, wherever you stay, use Oller's outline for a walking tour of the old town:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g188113-i337-k42…

4. Re: Good airport layover hotel in Zurich, near train stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, May 25, 2014