We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street Parade-not to be missed?

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
berkeley
Street Parade-not to be missed?

Our family is visiting Switzerland from California. We are leaving Zurich tomorrow and will be in Wengen area for the next week. Just learned that Street Parade is on Saturday. Wonder if it is worth returning for the day from Wengen. Seems like a long way to come for a parade, but is it not to be missed? Can you describe what it's like?

Thanks so much.

Adliswil...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Street Parade-not to be missed?

Dear galewinBerke,

If you search youtube for zurich street parade you will find many clips which should give you an idea. www.youtube.com/watch…

If you like crowds, many people in costumes, floats and dancing to techno music then you will like the parade.

Hope this helps.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 26
2. Re: Street Parade-not to be missed?

You are right - it's a long jway from Wengen to Zurich. Personally I would rather enjoy the mountain scenery instead of doing this trip. Anyway Streetparade is not really a family event. The techno music is loud and the consumption of alcoholics and other drugs is important. You could catch an eye if you would stay in Zurich, but I doubt whether it justifies the long journey.

berkeley
3. Re: Street Parade-not to be missed?

Thanks. We have just arrived in Wengen and have no intention of leaving any time soon. Street Parade will have to wait for another year - perhaps sans children.

Appreciate all the input. Helped me see things clearly.

Best,

galewind

4. Re: Street Parade-not to be missed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 21, 2013