We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for a short stay in Zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tabriz
reviews: 9
Need help for a short stay in Zurich

By checking hotel prices in Zurich (SO RICH), we based our travel on a short stay:

Arrive 12 Sep, 14:51 from Milan to Zurich

Departure 14 Sep, 15:27 to Paris

Here I need your assist:

1) I would like to visit Lucerne on 13 Sep by taking a train. I checked official website of Lucerne tourism and I got confused with lots of information and places name. What is the best itinerary for one day visit of Lucerne? Which cable car suits my situation?

2) Is it possible that see most visited sites of Zurich in two half day (12,14Sep)? How I can lengthen Zurich visit by changing train times? I want to book Etap hotel and need advice on its time wasting location.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 25
1. Re: Need help for a short stay in Zurich

For itineraries in Lucerne and surroundings, I recommend to go to the Lucerne forum and read the Top Questions (top on the right).

I would say that two half days are enough to see the main sights of Zurich. Again there is a half day itinerary described in the Top Questions on the Zurich forum. On the other half day you could for instance visit some museums, do a boat ride on the lake or some shopping.

'How I can lengthen Zurich visit by changing train times?' I don't understand this question. Of course you could arrive earlier or depart later, but this is your decision...

Etap Hotel is outside of the city centre. However it's reachable on a very quick train ride of only a few minutes (station Zürich Hardbrücke), so it's still pretty convenient.

Tabriz
reviews: 9
2. Re: Need help for a short stay in Zurich

Thank you for all that information.

Do you have any advice about weather on 12-14 September?

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 25
3. Re: Need help for a short stay in Zurich

Weather here is pretty unpredictable and nobody knows how it will be this September. This said, September generally used to be a very pleasant month during the last years, with lots of sun and agreable temperatures (around 20-25 C). If you are lucky, it could still be warm enough to go swimming. But of course it can rain as well.

4. Re: Need help for a short stay in Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 28, 2013