We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 40 minutes enough for a layover in Zurich?

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
Is 40 minutes enough for a layover in Zurich?

Hello, I will be flying from Malaga to Warsaw soon via Zurich, and I see that I have only 40 minutes to switch planes there - does anyone know, is this enough time? I'll be flying with Swiss, am kind of assuming they know what they are doing when they offer such connections, but it seems pushing it a little for me. Is the airport really small???

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 131
1. Re: Is 40 minutes enough for a layover in Zurich?

Well both are short-haul and most likely in the main terminal. THAT is small enough for it, terminal 2/B (mostly long-haul) would cause a longer transfer including 'Heidi' shuttle train. So yes would be feasible.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 123
2. Re: Is 40 minutes enough for a layover in Zurich?

Unless your flight from Malaga is substantially late, you should have no problem to change planes since Spain, Switzerland and Poland are all Schengen countries and therefore same terminal, no passport control, no additional security check.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 113
3. Re: Is 40 minutes enough for a layover in Zurich?

If the same carrier (in this case Swiss) offers the flights as connections then there is no problem AND if your incoming flight is late they are responsible to get you (and your baggage) where you are going.

Zürich and Geneva are small airports and incredibly efficient.

4. Re: Is 40 minutes enough for a layover in Zurich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 09, 2013