We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommend - NYE Zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Texas
reviews: 18
Restaurant Recommend - NYE Zurich

Hello -

We are huge foodies and looking for a fun spot to have a meal before heading out to enjoy the fireworks at midnight. What would be your first choice? We are open to all options from the fancy affair to just a great fun place to enjoy a fabulous meal before the strike of midnight.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 25
1. Re: Restaurant Recommend - NYE Zurich

Of course there is a huge choice of restaurants in Zurich. Just beware: On NYE most restaurants hava a set menu which you have to stick to. And prices, which are considerable here even during the year, rise to the sky on this special evening.

If you won the jackpot, then go to the Dolder Grand, a 5star hotel above the city. The food is gorgeous and creative (2 Michelin stars) and you even don't have to leave the restaurant to watch the fireworks as there is a great view on them.

Restaurant Terrace would be an ideal location just next to the lake and the best viewing points for the fireworks. Prices aren't cheap but a lot less than at the Dolder, the setting is nice (high ceiling, huge windows open to a garden), food mainly mediterranean and good and service professional.

More of a fun place would be Restaurant Rosaly's, also only steps from the lake. It serves Swiss specialities in a modern way at reasonable prices, service is always friendly.

Edited: 10:11 am, July 25, 2012
Frisco, Texas
reviews: 18
2. Re: Restaurant Recommend - NYE Zurich

Oller - This was just the type of feedback I was hoping for. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your time to provide such a detailed response. I am off to research your suggestions.

Happy Travels!

Mandy

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 25
3. Re: Restaurant Recommend - NYE Zurich

Thanks for your feedback CaliforniaLuv2Travel. Just realized that I wrote one restaurant name wrong: If you google, look for Restaurant Terrasse and not for Terrace!

4. Re: Restaurant Recommend - NYE Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 08, 2013